No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMAP problems: stopping at "Finished checking compiler assumptions"

Edit:
    Never mind. It was a simple database error. Fixed it, but don't know how to delete post...

I am trying to map around 300 cDNA sequences to a genome using GMAP. I encountered some problems installing GMAP, but eventually I think it worked out. And I also managed to build an index of my genome. But when I run GMAP like this:

Code:
    gmap -d My_genome -2 ~/cDNAs.fasta --format=3
    The program never progresses through:

Code:
    Checking compiler assumptions for popcnt: 000041A7 __builtin_clz=17 __builtin_ctz=0 _mm_popcnt_u32=7 __builtin_popcount=7
    Checking compiler assumptions for SSE2: 000041A7 10D63AF1 xor=10D67B56
    Checking compiler assumptions for SSE4.1: -89 -15 max=241 => compiler zero extends
    Finished checking compiler assumptions
    Any idea what could be the problem?

Edit:
    It seems that the problem must be with some of the options I used for output, because when I run it like this:

Code:
    gmap -d My_genome ~/cDNAs.fasta
    the program progresses further, but gives me an error:
    Code:
    Checking compiler assumptions for popcnt: 000041A7 __builtin_clz=17 __builtin_ctz=0 _mm_popcnt_u32=7 __builtin_popcount=7
    Checking compiler assumptions for SSE2: 000041A7 10D63AF1 xor=10D67B56
    Checking compiler assumptions for SSE4.1: -89 -15 max=241 => compiler zero extends
    Finished checking compiler assumptions
    Note: >1 sequence detected, so index files are being memory mapped.
      GMAP can run slowly at first while the computer starts to accumulate
      pages from the hard disk into its cache.  To copy index files into RAM
      instead of memory mapping, use -B 3, -B 4, or -B 5, if you have enough RAM.
      For more speed, also try multiple threads (-t <int>), if you have multiple processors or cores.
    Pre-loading compressed genome (oligos).....,......,...,...,...,...,...done (58,449,588 bytes, 14270 pages, 0.09 sec)
    Pre-loading compressed genome (bits).....,......,...,...,...,...,...done (58,449,600 bytes, 14270 pages, 0.10 sec)
    Cannot find genomic index files in either current or old format.  Looking for files containing ref
    Last edited by JonB; 04-28-2015, 08:03 AM.

Hi JonB,

Have you resolved this problem? I have encountered the same problem. But I can run the gamp without error on one compute node, but with problem on another compute node. Is this caused by the hard ware or the system configuration?

Comment

Hi,
      No hardware problems. It was simply me who made a silly mistake. Don't remember exactly, but I think it was a problem with some of the input files.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
      0 responses