SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to mix single index and dual index TruSeq libraries pmiguel Illumina/Solexa 31 05-24-2017 04:10 AM
Pooling TruSeq (single index) and Nextera XT (dual index) in one MiSeq run? Carosmile Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 05-16-2017 02:13 PM
Dual-index vs single index Ingeneious Illumina/Solexa 4 01-19-2015 12:22 PM
Mixing dual and single index TruSeq samples in a single MiSeq run pmiguel Illumina/Solexa 1 12-21-2012 06:21 AM

Old 11-29-2017, 01:34 AM   #1
Bidfudge

Default Index hopping Hiseq4000 and single cell

Hi everyone,

We are currently working on single cell experiment with the C1 platform from fluidigm. We plan to sequence 384 single cells with the "SMART-Seq® v4 Ultra® Low Input RNA Kit for the Fluidigm® C1™ System".

In this kit, they used a dual index for the single cell multiplexing.The problem is that we have to sequence these transcriptomes on an Hiseq4000, and It is well know now that some contamination with excess index-primer will lead to an index swapping after demultiplexing :/.

So my question is, does-anybody have an experience to limit this biais? I read some blog, were people used a size-selection of the libraries to remove excess of free primers, or the use the ExonucleaseI enzyme to remove it...

Thanks for the help,
nicolas
Bidfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:27 AM   #2
GenoMax

As long as you are using dual indexing chances of mis-assignment of indexes is significantly reduced. See this white paper from Illumina for additional ideas to reduce this effect.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:49 AM   #3
Bidfudge

Hello,

thanks for the answer, yeah I will use dual index on my sample, but as I am suppose to pass 384 cells on the same flow cells, I will be in the same position as this paper https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior...25724.full.pdf

I heard that there is a Pippin Prep in my institue, maybe It's a good way to remove index primer from my libraries after pooling sample which have to pass on the same lane?

nicolas

Last edited by Bidfudge; 11-29-2017 at 05:51 AM.
Bidfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
GenoMax

Bead washing the pool may also help remove excess primers etc. There are other threads on here that go into specifics of how you would use that or someone else with experimental expertise will post in this thread later.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote