No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enrichment PCR failure!

Hi Friends

Since a long time now I have been fiddling around some Illumina Truseq primers for a custom sequencing protocol. I am using RP1 and RPI1 (and other indexing primer for my amplification from Truseq small RNA sequencing protocol). As per my plan, I am fitting the right adapters on each of the ends of the cDNA, Please refer the attached picture. I have already cross checked using adapter specific primers(exact match) however, whenever I use the Illumina TruSeq primers (RP1 and RPI1, without PS bonds) I do not see any amplification. Moreover, whenever I use RP1 and RPI1 with PS bonds I see a strong band at ~115-120 ntds. I am really tired of repeating PCRs seeing the same trend again and again. What could be the problem?

I have already tried DMSO in the reaction, lowering the temperature etc. I have also tried all the combinations (Small adapter specific primer with RP1 or RPI1) Importantly, we are planning to index the reactions.

Your suggestions and experience will be really helpful.

Biochembug
    Attached Files

"PS bonds"? What are those?

--
    Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
      "PS bonds"? What are those?

--
      Phillip
      PS=phosphorothioate bonds!

Comment

I guess I would need to know more about your protocol and samples to offer any useful advice. Are you using a particular kit? What are your samples?

--
        Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses