No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen Sequencing Training Course

Hi everyone,

I am new to this great forum. Does anyone know a place who gives hands on training courses regarding next gen sequencing platform and downstream software analysis in US?

Thanks!

Jean

Not to quite answer your question, but the EBI in the UK have run a short read analysis course:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/training/handso...090430_XF.html

I believe they have taken their courses to other countries in the past so many be amenable to doing so again if there was sufficient demand.

We also run a course on our site (also UK - sorry!) which covers the analysis of mapped reads using our software. All of our course material is available on our website for anyone else who wants to try it for themselves.

http://www.bioinformatics.bbsrc.ac.u...g.html#seqmonk

Comment

Thank you for replying

Too bad they are not in US! But I will definitely try it online. Thank you very much!

Jean

Comment

I saw this the other day:

Although it looks more in the bioinformatics side than on the 'pure' biologist side.

Comment

Thank you for replying

Thank you for the info.

Jean

Comment

This might be what you're looking for, although you'll have to wait until next time: http://meetings.cshl.edu/courses/c-seqtech09.shtml

Comment

That's exactly what I am looking for! Too bad I missed the deadline. I will try for this year anyway. Thank you very much!

Comment

This is blatant self-promotion, but our Core (UC Davis Bioinformatics Core, in the Genome Center on the Davis Campus) has taught a Next Gen sequencing applications course for two years now, in September. This year it was 5 days, with lectures in the mornings and hands on sessions on linux, Illumina / 454 assembly software, alignment tools, the UCSC Genome Browser, etc. in the afternoons. We're contemplating whether to continue the week-long format, or do several shorter classes, and would love comments on this.

Some of the walkthroughs are on one of our wiki pages:

.. but you can contact us through our main web page:

Comment

It's too late for this year

Hi, Thank you for the info. However, same as the course in CSHL, I am too late for this year :-(
                  Will definitely try next year if I can't find any this year.

Jean

Comment

Hi Jnfass

Thanks for pointing to the "Nuts N Bolts" wiki. Quite useful things I can find.

I would be interested in a week long course , it will be easier to do this in one trip than making several short trips. Ofcourse this is me speaking for myself.

-Abhi

Comment

Hi all. Thx for thr suggested courses.
                      Does someone know about courses (for biologists) in Switzerland or Europe generally?

Comment

Hai username,
                        I thought one is actually running this or next week in Leiden, LUMC, NL.
                        Jasper

Comment

Originally posted by jaspersaris View Post
                          Hai username,
                          I thought one is actually running this or next week in Leiden, LUMC, NL.
                          Jasper
                          Hey thx jaspersaris. This would have been the right course, but it's too late now. Thx anyway. Is there a possibility to know this in advance? Maybe we should have a thread in this forum, where we would anounce the courses and workshops.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                          • seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                          0 responses