Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload .bam file to Galaxy, display on UCSC

The .bigwig files I make and upload to Galaxy get a "Display on UCSC browser" link. Another person in my lab made .bam files from Tophat using Galaxy and also has the Display on UCSC link. When I make .bam files on my own computer and upload them to Galaxy there's no Display on UCSC link. How can I display .bam files that I make myself (from Tophat) and upload to Galaxy on the UCSC browser? I tried uploading a .bai file as well but that didn't help.

may be transfer .bam to .bed
    (tool available in Galaxy)
    and then display .bed?

Comment

The .bam files are up to 10 GB so a bed file would be huge, so would take a long time to upload and only small portions could be displayed at a time (500MB upload limit to UCSC). I could ultimately make a .bigbed file which I assume could be displayed from Galaxy to UCSC as I had no problems with .bigwig files but the idea is to have a relatively quick way to visualize the Tophat output in the UCSC browser.

Comment

My guess is that Galaxy is not recognizing it as a BAM file (in which case change the datatype), or it is not sorted, in which case try sorting it. I think. :-)

Could also post to galaxy-user list. Subscribe here: http://lists.bx.psu.edu/listinfo/galaxy-user

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses