SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq: Digital gene expression for non-model organisms. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-17-2011 02:00 AM
Mutation discovery by targeted genomic enrichment of multiplexed barcoded samples Asashoryu Literature Watch 0 11-04-2010 12:55 PM
PubMed: Systematic comparison of three genomic enrichment methods... ECO Literature Watch 0 09-09-2010 07:50 AM
PubMed: Systematic comparison of three genomic enrichment methods for massively paral Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-03-2010 02:00 AM
Comprehensive Review of Genomic Enrichment Technologies for Next Gen Sequencing ECO General 6 01-31-2009 08:43 AM

Old 08-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
MattB

Default Genomic enrichment on non-model organisms...

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could give some advice about the following. We would like to enrich for fosmid end sequences in a fish (nonmodel) and shrimp species, for subsequent high coverage sequencing (454 or SOLiD) in a number of individuals. My understanding is that Nimblegen arrays are restricted to human and mouse at the moment, but Agilent technology is more flexible. Can anyone suggest what would be the most suitable technology for this type of enrichment...if it is indeed feasible?

Thanks,
Matt
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
sigusn

Hi Matt
You can order custom sequence capture arrays from Nimblegen for any species and do the enrichment yourself, the service they provide is only for human/mouse. I have just tested it and it works great with Solexa. The arrays cost about 600$ and you order minimum of 5. The expensive thing is that you need to have the MAUI hybridization station to perform the hybridization.
//SS
sigusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
MattB

Hi sigusn,

Thanks for the quick reply! Good to hear Nimblegen can provide custom capture arrays, I guess I glossed over their website a bit too fast...

Matt
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote