SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blastp for identifying genes in contigs vanillasky Bioinformatics 5 01-23-2015 05:05 AM
Code for identifying and renaming contigs thh32 Bioinformatics 0 10-16-2014 04:06 AM
Identifying unique alleles/haplotypes for contigs Corydoras Bioinformatics 0 07-11-2014 03:21 AM
identifying the target genes of unkown genes in Cis- and Trans- Mechanism psstshush RNA Sequencing 1 12-24-2013 03:23 AM
Identifying nde genes as controls ksherwood Bioinformatics 4 11-25-2011 02:00 PM

Old 03-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
contact_monu

Question Identifying genes from contigs

Hello All,

I have got a fasta file containing a list of contigs which were obtained through transcriptome analysis. Now, I want to find the gene of my interest from these contigs. What I am doing at present is that I have performed a blastx of these contigs against nr database and have obatined hits matching to my gene of interest. Now the question is that sometimes I get the query frame from blastx result to be negative, so shall I reverse complement the sequence and take it as a gene sequence ? Also, I found that match of the query is only to half of the subject sequence, which means that gene sequence may be incomplete ?

Any help would highly appreciated.

Thanks
contact_monu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contig analysis, gene annotation, transcirptome