No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DADA2 vs Deblur

Hi all!!

I'm a PhD student working on microbiome and mycobiome in skin dog!

I'm learning how to analyse bacterial sequences from IonTorrent, using the QIIME2 program. I saw in the tutorial of QIIME2 that is possible to apply DADA2 or DEBLUR for the analysis.

My question is: what do you think about DADA2 and DEBLUR? which one would be recommended to obtain good results?

Thank in advance!!

best regards

Sara

Why IonTorrent? MiSeq is cheaper and much better sequence quality for amplicons? Besides dada2 and deblur are both for illumina sequencing, applying them to IonTorrent would require quite a bit of groundtruthing that I don't think has been done (I'm sure someone will jump in with references if I'm wrong on this).
    Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

'Deblur has not been evaluated with Ion Torrent': https://forum.qiime2.org/t/deblur-p-...failure/1880/5

DADA2 recommendations for Ion Torrent data: https://github.com/benjjneb/dada2/issues/67

This may guide your choice.

Comment

Dear Thermophile and Bukowski,

Really thank for replying me! We only have IonTorrent for sequencing, so that's the reason why I was asking if it would be good to analyse sequences with DADA2 or Deblur.
        I know that both are for Illumina, but I saw in QIIME2 tutorial and on QIIME2 forum that they can be used for IonTorrent too. As I'm not an expert of DADA2 and Deblur, I asked an advice!!

Thank you again!!

Sara

Comment

The other option is to use Ion Torrent's microbial pipeline. I have not used it, but I know a group that exclusively uses it for their metagenomic workflow.

Comment

Originally posted by snetmcom View Post
            The other option is to use Ion Torrent's microbial pipeline. I have not used it, but I know a group that exclusively uses it for their metagenomic workflow.
            Dear @sentmcom,
            could you put me in contact with the this group using the Ion torrent pipeline? I have tried to use it, but although the accuracy of the prediction is really good, it has a lot of limitations to work on it, and I am looking for somebody that uses it to interchange information.
            Thanks in advance
            Isabel

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses