SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bismark - A New Tool for Mapping and Analysis of Bisulfite-Seq Data fkrueger Bioinformatics 649 10-05-2018 01:43 AM
CisGenome -- an integrated tool for ChIP-seq data analysis hji Bioinformatics 66 12-30-2014 01:55 PM
searching tool for ChIP-seq analysis of histone modification analysis tujchl Epigenetics 5 03-13-2013 09:00 AM
How to evaluate the RNA-Seq analysis software I choose? Huijuan Bioinformatics 1 04-26-2011 10:11 PM

Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
zeam

Default Which BS-seq analysis tool to choose?

I will do some analyses on BS-seq data(paired-end reads from Illumina).Is there anyone who have do the similar job like mine and could you give me some suggestions on choosing the BS-seq tools?
I have test BRAT,BSMAP,BISMARK,BS seeker.A paper in 2010 used BSMAP,but it's very slow.Could somebody give me some suggestions on choosing the BS-seq tools based on algorithms and accracy?
Thanks !

Last edited by zeam; 11-19-2010 at 02:45 AM.
zeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
fkrueger

Hi Zeam,

it rather depends on your specific needs which tools you want to use. Some tools just do the mapping and you will have to figure out the methylation calls yourself, others such as BS_Seeker or Bismark will produce a very easy-to-mine methylation output.

I haven't tested BSMAP myself but according to the both the BRAT and the BS_Seeker papers it is indeed very slow (you mentioned this yourself), the other three tools (BS-Seeker, Bismark and BRAT) should be relatively comparable regarding their speed and possibly also their accuracy as they employ very similar approaches (I don't think BS-Seeker supports paired-end mapping though). So I guess you just choose the one you like best or which offers most flexibility for your specific application.
fkrueger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brat, bs-seq, bsmap, methylation, tools