No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data from servers Accessible on IGV

Hello, I have some questions about the server data accessible through IGV

1. When you upload files from the server "Body Map 2.0 (Illumina HiSeq) are these files RNAseq files? I tried to look up this information in the user guide as well as just by googling "Ilummina HiSeq" but I cannot find any definitive answers.

2. Are the "counts" the grey vector looking bars - so if I put in my coordinates for the "region of interest" are the vector like bars the alignments of the coordinate sequence with with sequencing data from the server?

3. There is also a server for data from TCGA. When I uploaded files from there, it comes as a heatmap visualization. I am not sure what kind of data this is. I would like to also plug in coordinates for a gene isoform and find expression levels in various cancer tissues. The labeling is also unclear, for instance I am not sure what "OV - TR" OR "OV - TP" means. I realize that data from TCGA is clinical and that there are cohorts and studies on multiple patients, it makes it difficult for me to understand how to utilize the information. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was maybe RNAseq of cancer tissues on this server?

1. It looks like the Illumina BodyMap data are RNA-Seq files.

These web pages may give you more info:
    I’d like to introduce you an exciting new data set that we’ve introduced in Ensembl release 62: RNASeq data from Illumina’s Human BodyMap 2.0 project. The data, generated on HiSeq…

NCBI's Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) is a public archive and resource for gene expression data.

2. this page from the IGV user guide may help:
    Last edited by mastal; 12-04-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses