SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Sanger/Dye Terminator

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to delete a post ? fangquan Site Feedback/Suggestions 11 10-31-2015 05:01 PM
If I delete one sample do I have to redo DNA methylation data preprocessing HeidiLee Bioinformatics 1 05-08-2014 10:28 AM
delete sequences (fasta) from file ina-maria Bioinformatics 2 07-17-2012 01:04 AM
Tool to deconvolve chromatogram? pag Bioinformatics 2 07-02-2012 02:50 PM
Disregard (not sure how to delete post) DrD2009 Bioinformatics 4 08-07-2010 03:18 PM

Old 02-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
rasmusbak

Unhappy How to delete part of chromatogram

Hi

I'm looking for a way to delete part of a chromatogram of an ab1 file. Not just delete a base call, but trim away the actual chromatogram, so that when I load the ab1 file, the deleted part of the chromatogram is gone for good. I've tried a bunch of the free software tools, but none seem to delete chromatograms.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rasmus
rasmusbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #2
JMB

Do you have access to AB's Sequencing Analysis software? It's not free, but there is a way to trim away the junky looking parts at the beginning and end of a sequence. I'm not sure if it's the proper way to trim, but I would load in the ab file, and at the top there are "Start" and "Stop" values that you can manually change to shorten the sequence. Then press the green "play" button to re-analyze it, and then re-save it once it is to your liking.
JMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
rasmusbak

Thanks for your input. I donÝt have access to AB's Sequencing Analysis software. Do you know if there is a free trial version or would anyone know of a free software that can do this.

Thanks.
rasmusbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
JMB

No, I am not sure if there is a free trial. Hopefully someone else may help.
JMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chromatogram trim ab1