No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy-filter pileup error

Hi,
    The aim of my work now is to find SNPs in my dataset from Illumina GAII ( paired end) but when tried to filter pileup got this:

16: Filter pileup on data 14
    An error occurred running this job: Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /galaxy/home/g2main/galaxy_main/tools/samtools/pileup_parser.pl line 40, <IN> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at /galaxy/home/g2main/galaxy_main/tools/samtools/pileup_parser.pl line 41

I'm new Galaxy user, working with this kind of data for the first time...
    I just had a first go and got an error... Could you please direct me on a right way of doing it as I must did something totally wrong
    What I was doing:
    -uploaded data in fastq format
    -FASTQ groomer (Illumina 1.3+)
    -FASTQ summary statistics
    -FASTQ splitter
    -Map with Bowtie for Illumina (paired end, typed my insert size)
    -Filter SAM (flag1-read is paired YES; flag2-read is mapped in a proper pair-YES; flag3-read is umpapped-NO)
    -SAM to BAM
    -Generate pileup from BAM dataset
    -Filter pileup

(not sure if I should have trimmed the reads first...)

I probably have been doing this all wrong from the beginning, so if anyone could tell me, what should I do to get the right thing would be great

I'd suggest posting this question to the Galaxy-User list (http://lists.bx.psu.edu/listinfo/galaxy-user). You may get a good response there.

Before you do that, this information may help.

The 2 lines of code that are choking are:
    40 die "Coverage column" . ($cvrg_column+1) . " contains non-numeric values. Check your input parameters as well as format of input dataset." if ( not isdigit $fields[ $cvrg_column ] );
    41 next if $fields[ $cvrg_column ] < $cvrg_cutoff;
    The three variables are set at:
    13 my $cvrg_column = $ARGV[4]-1; # 1 based

15 my $cvrg_cutoff = $ARGV[6]; # unsigned integer

37 my @fields = split /\t/;
    The coverage cutoff is set from the Galaxy interface. Check what value you are giving it.

If that's not the problem then there is a problem in how the coverage column number is being set (which I think is set by Galaxy), or some of the columns are missing.

When you post to Galaxy-User, please provide a few lines of the file that is being given to the filter pileup step.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!
      I'm trying to do the same for my other data as maybe there is something wrong with the data I uploaded to Galaxy. If it will be the same I'm going to do what you suggested. Thanks for help!

Comment

This time is not good as well I don't have an error but the file is empty...
        Looks like it's because when I try to generate pileup I get 3 columns with '0' values...

I'm not sure why Am I doing something wrong or there must be a problem with my fastq file?
        Please help
        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
        0 responses