No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumina Hiseq 3000 / enough coverage for RNAseq analysis

Dear all,

I want to sequence total RNA samples from Human on Hiseq 3000 for the first time. Do you have any idea how many samples per lane will give me enough coverage to perform transcriptomics and splicing analysis.
    I was used to do it with 0.1 sample per lane with Hiseq 2500.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards,
    Sheibani

Originally posted by sheibani View Post
    I was used to do it with 0.1 sample per lane with Hiseq 2500.
    Hi Sheibani,

you mean you were using 10 lanes for 1 sample? Around 2 billions reads per sample????

Comment

Hi,
      No, I mean 0.1 lane per sample (10 sample per lane) in HiSeq 2500.

Thanks,

Comment

Ok, I started to think your pipeline was really not improved

Comment

So, Do you have any idea about number of samples per lane for Hiseq 3000?

Thanks

Comment

There is roughly 300 million clusters per lane (passing filter) that one can expect to get from a well performing patterned flowcell. That output is achieved with a couple of caveats. Your libraries need to conform to a much stricter QC profile (inserts < 500 bp and very small %, preferably close to 0% of adapter dimers/small fragments). You can then multiply that number with cycles/type of sequencing you are going to use to decide the number of samples you can multiplex.
            Last edited by GenoMax; 02-12-2016, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I never analyzed data from HiSeq3000, but according to Illumina datasheet, it seems you can expect a bit more than with the 2500. I think if I were you, I would first try with the same number of samples per lane...

Comment

It seems that you were doing analysis with 20-25M reads/sample. With HiSeq 3000 output you can do 12-13 samples. You need to check with sequencing service provider number of guranteed reads/lane to figure out the exact number.

Comment

Many many thanks for your help and prompt reply. I got some idea about it, I am going to contact the sequencing service provider to get more information from them too.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                  0 responses