Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gap-free alignment

"RSEM comes bundled with the Trinity software distribution. The RSEM protocol currently requires gap-free alignments of RNA-Seq reads to Trinity-reconstructed transcripts, such as alignments generated by the Bowtie software."
    In order to compare expression levels of different transcripts or genes across samples, a Trinity-included script invokes edgeR to perform an additional
    TMM (Trimmed Mean of M-values) scaling normalization that aims to account for differences in total cellular RNA production across all samples."
    I see this in the trinity protocol,and i donnot konw what are the "gap-free alignments" ,and i hope someone would help me explain this.Also,what is TMM (Trimmed Mean of M-values) ?
    many thanks.
    Last edited by nufangdeshengming; 11-08-2015, 09:15 PM. Reason: gap-free alignment,TMM

A gap-free alignment has no INDELs. Here's an alignment with a gap:

Code:
    GATTACA
    GA-TACA
    And here's an alignment without a gap:
    Code:
    GATTACA
    GAGTACA

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses