X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcoding.... a lot of questions!!!!

Hi all,

I'm Soledad from Chile
    I want to do amplicon sequencing, but I don't understand very well the neccesary kits.
    My amplicons are 1400 bp length, so I think that I have to shear to make libraries. Do you know the ideal conditions of Bioruptor to obtain suitable fragments (150-250 bp) using 1400 bp DNA?

On the other hand, I have "ION DNA Barcode 1-16 kit" (Cat: 4468654) but I don't know which are the other kits that I need.
    Also, searching in web, I found another kit: "ION Xpress Barcode Adapters 1-16 kit" (Cat: 4471250).

What's the difference? Which are the necessary kits to make a complete sequencing of amplicons?

HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!!
    Thank you

Soledad
    (sorry for my bad english)

Hi,
    According to the "Ion Xpress™ Plus gDNA and Amplicon Library
    Preparation":
    To prepare high‐quality libraries from genomic DNA (gDNA) or amplicons for sequencing on the Ion
    Personal Genome Machine™ (PGM™) System, use one or more of the following kits.
    • Ion Plus Fragment Library Kit (Part no. 4471252). This kit includes reagents for:
    – End‐repair of physically fragmented gDNA or unfragmented short (<250 bp) amplicons.
    – Library preparation from the end‐repaired DNA.
    • Ion Xpress™ Plus Fragment Library Kit (Part no. 4471269): This kit includes:
    – Ion Shear™ Plus Reagents, for enzymatic fragmentation of genomic DNA or long
    amplicons.
    – The Ion Plus Fragment Library Kit (Part no. 4471252), for library preparation from the
    enzymatically fragmented DNA.
    • Ion Xpress™ Barcode Adapters 1–16 (Part no. 4471250)
    – This kit includes P1 adapter and barcoded A adapters that substitute for the non‐barcoded
    adapter mix supplied in the Ion Plus Fragment Library Kit.
    – Barcoded library preparation is otherwise identical to nonbarcoded library preparation.

The "ION DNA Barcode 1-16 kit" (Cat: 4468654) is the old barcode kit now replaced by the new one.

For the full version of "Ion Xpress™ Plus gDNA and Amplicon Library Preparation" you should look at the Ion Community page. The Ion protocols change very often.

Cheers,
    Marzanna

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses