No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10x genomics 3'RNA-seq dual indexing

Hello,

so I had a discussion with the 10x Genomics support people about sequencing the v3 chemistry 3'RNAseq libraries on a HiSeq3000/4000 system with dual indexing. They don't recommend dual indexed sequencing as in some cases the top surface of the flow cell lane went completely dark, while the bottom surface was fine.

This seems rather odd to me, as I can't imagine why it would be surface dependent?! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried it or experienced this. Dual indexed sequencing would be helpful for us as it would mean higher turn around time for our samples. Do you have any explanation of why this is happening?

Thanks a lot!

We had this issue when trying to sequence 10x libraries alongside 150/100 PE samples on our HiSeq 4000. I spoke to Illumina and they weren't able to give me a clear answer, but basically said that after the intensity drop after the first 28 cycles the focus point drifts. It refocuses during the indexing cycles but then moves back to focus point for R1 (which is now out of focus) for R2 without refocusing. I think the bottom surface focuses better because it's a fixed distance from there to the stage, but the top surface is a little more variable.

This is how I understood it from my conversation, but at this point Illumina didn't really have much knowledge of the issue - if you access to support they may have more and clearer information now.

Comment

I have heard through the grapevine that 10x Genomics will be switiching to dual index for all their kits down the road. The new Visium kit has 10bp dual index, and the ATACseq kit already uses dual index that is clunky.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKutch View Post
        We had this issue when trying to sequence 10x libraries alongside 150/100 PE samples on our HiSeq 4000. I spoke to Illumina and they weren't able to give me a clear answer, but basically said that after the intensity drop after the first 28 cycles the focus point drifts. It refocuses during the indexing cycles but then moves back to focus point for R1 (which is now out of focus) for R2 without refocusing. I think the bottom surface focuses better because it's a fixed distance from there to the stage, but the top surface is a little more variable.

This is how I understood it from my conversation, but at this point Illumina didn't really have much knowledge of the issue - if you access to support they may have more and clearer information now.
        This actually makes a sense. Yeah we tried to talk to people at Illumina and 10x and none of them could really tell us whats going on or how to fix this issue except for not sequencing dual indexed. Thanks for your explanation!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses