No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different band size before and after purification with Agencourt AMPure

Hi everyone,

I'm doing amplification and purification of 4 different genomic regions. 3 of them are ok, but I'm struggling with my last amplicon. The amplicon length on the gel changes before and after the purification. Before purifying I have a 360 bp and after the purification I have a strong lower band of 250 and a upper band around 400 pb. It cannot be caused by a higher DNA yeld before the purification because I loaded different and small volumes on the gel to be sure about the size. It happened the same with a different primer set for the same region. Thinking about an issue with my primer set I changed it, but the problem reappeared.

Is it possible that somehow the beads interfere with the size of the amplicon? This problem never happened with other genes so I really don't understand what's going on.

Thank you for any suggestion!

Elena

Posting gel photo can give some clues on the issue. Purification cannot change the size of DNA fragment but it can cut some small fragments depending on bead/amplicon solution ratio. Amplicon before purification would be in PCR buffer with different salt concentration than after that can affect DNA migration speed affecting sizing. It is also possible that some DNA is denaturing during purification which would run as shadow band on the gel. To further investigate running on different gel%, voltage, diluting PCR before run, loading equal amplicon mass before and after purification would be useful.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses