Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elution volume after A-tailing?

The standard library prep protocol suggests to elute DNA with the MinElute kit following A-tailing and prior to adapter ligation, for a total volume of 10 ul. This 10 ul is then fed into the adapter ligation step. Is there any reason I couldn't elute the A-tailed product with a standard Qiaquick column (30 ul eluate) and just scale up reaction volumes in the ligation reaction? The post-ligation product is cleaned up on a Qiaquick column in any case. Seems simple enough to re-scale the adapter ligation reaction, but maybe I am missing something?

Eluting in a larger volume using standard Qiaquick column does indeed work in conjunction with a scaled-up ligation reaction..

I normally use minelute columns for this step, but once or twice when I've been in a hurry I've picked the wrong column and run my sample through before realising, only to realise the mistake at elution time. As you were planning to do, I just eluted in the larger volume (30uL) and scaled up the ligation... it worked just fine.

Out of interest... why are you looking at using the standard, rather than minelute columns? Just for the simplicity of using only one column type?

Cheers,

Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottC View Post
      Eluting in a larger volume using standard Qiaquick column does indeed work in conjunction with a scaled-up ligation reaction..

I normally use minelute columns for this step, but once or twice when I've been in a hurry I've picked the wrong column and run my sample through before realising, only to realise the mistake at elution time. As you were planning to do, I just eluted in the larger volume (30uL) and scaled up the ligation... it worked just fine.

Out of interest... why are you looking at using the standard, rather than minelute columns? Just for the simplicity of using only one column type?

Cheers,

Scott.
      Actually, it's just because someone used up all the minelute columns in the lab without replacing , and the stockroom is not open on weekends. No profound reason.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
        Yesterday, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses