Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find any mention of reference gff/gtf annotations in cuffmerge output

Hi,

I have been using tophat and cufflinks to analyse some RNA seq data, but cuffmerge is not behaving as I would expect.

For all steps of the analysis I have used a reference gff3 file for RABT.

For tophat I specifed:
    Code:
    -G <gff file> --transcriptome-index <transcriptome prefix>
    and on subsequent usage just
    Code:
    --transcriptome-index <transcriptome prefix>
    For cufflinks I specified
    Code:
    --GTF-guide <gff file>
    All the fpkm_tracking and gtf output files contain annotations from the original gtf file, including from transcripts with very high coverage so not just faux reads.

When using cuffmerge for the 16 samples I use the following command:
    Code:
    cuffmerge <cufflinks gtf list file> -o cuffmerge -g <gff file> -p 17
    In none of the output files is there any mention of the annotations from the gff file.
    I thought that the problem was that it is a gff file and not a gtf file, so I converted using
    Code:
    gffread <gff file> -T -o <gtf file>
    Code:
    cuffmerge <cufflinks gtf list file> -o cuffmerge -g <gtf file> -p 17
    However the output is the same. There is also no mention of the gtf file in the log file for either gff3 or gtf:

Code:
    /software/additional/bin/cuffmerge <path>/sam/tophat/cufflinks/gtfFileList.txt -o cuffmerge -g <path>/data/abH97_filt.gffread.gtf -p 17
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/1_1/cufflinks/transcripts.1_1.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_filenEmb9h
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/1_2/cufflinks/transcripts.1_2.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileeDtnvd
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/1307_M5/cufflinks/transcripts.1307_M5.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileQhIpNd
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/1_3/cufflinks/transcripts.1_3.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileAHuzXi
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/2_1/cufflinks/transcripts.2_1.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileZw6YGs
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/2_2/cufflinks/transcripts.2_2.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file87N56G
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/2_3/cufflinks/transcripts.2_3.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file6ipSj0
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/A151_M5/cufflinks/transcripts.A151_M5.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file3SWsto
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/F25_2_1/cufflinks/transcripts.F25_2_1.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileC2SotR
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/F25_2_3/cufflinks/transcripts.F25_2_3.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_filelpirkp
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/F25_2_4/cufflinks/transcripts.F25_2_4.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileJX9sR1
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/F25_2_M5/cufflinks/transcripts.F25_2_M5.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_filezkS48I
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/F25_2_M6/cufflinks/transcripts.F25_2_M6.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file68Mb8u
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/I142_4/cufflinks/transcripts.I142_4.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file6CwbQl
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/I142_M10/cufflinks/transcripts.I142_M10.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileeikjVg
    gtf_to_sam -F <path>/sam/tophat/I142_M9/cufflinks/transcripts.I142_M9.gtf ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_filetTRVKg
    sort -k 3,3 -k 4,4n --temporary-directory=./merged_asm//meta_asm_tmp/ ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_filenEmb9h ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileeDtnvd ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileQhIpNd ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileAHuzXi ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileZw6YGs ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file87N56G ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file6ipSj0 ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file3SWsto ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileC2SotR ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_filelpirkp ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileJX9sR1 ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_filezkS48I ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file68Mb8u ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_file6CwbQl ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_fileeikjVg ./merged_asm/tmp/gtf2sam_filetTRVKg > ./merged_asm/tmp/mergeSam_file1gh4tl
    cufflinks -o ./merged_asm/ -F 0.05 -q --overhang-tolerance 200 --library-type=transfrags -A 0.0 --min-frags-per-transfrag 0 --no-5-extend -p 1 ./merged_asm/tmp/mergeSam_file1gh4tl
    cuffcompare -o tmp_meta_asm -C -G  ./merged_asm//transcripts.gtf
    cuffcompare -o tmp_meta_asm -C -G  ./merged_asm//merged.gtf
    And nothing is prefixed / goes to the folder cuffmerge that i specifed with the -o flag, it only goes to the merged_asm folder.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or if this behaviour is as expected?
    Version is: cufflinks v2.0.2

Many Thanks
    Anna

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses