No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GICL Error at step 'pairwise'

Hello,

I'm trying to set up gicl for the purposes of redundancy reduction in merged 454+Illumina pre-assemblies. I received the following error when trying to run the program. I think it may have something to do with the PATH settings but am a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff in Linux (running Fedora 3.6.11 64bit).

>>> --- Initialization [454ILMNcdhit.fa] started at Aug 24 14:13:32 2013
    gicl running options:
    gicl 454ILMNcdhit.fa -g sge -c8 -n2000 -p99 -l50
    Standard log file: gicl_454ILMNcdhit.fa.log
    Error log file: err_gicl_454ILMNcdhit.fa.log
    Using 8 CPUs for clustering and assembly
    -= Rebuilding 454ILMNcdhit.fa indices =-
    102665 entries from file 454ILMNcdhit.fa were indexed in file 454ILMNcdhit.fa.cidx
    >>> --- pairwise [454ILMNcdhit.fa] started at Aug 24 14:13:39 2013
    Launching distributed clustering:
    gridx -g sge -p 8 -n 2000 -i 454ILMNcdhit.fa -d cluster -C '/home/rolab/gicl/454ILMNcdhit.fa:99:30:50:G' -c '/home/rolab/gicl/gicl_mgbl.psx'
    Running on localhost: /home/rolab/gicl/gridx -g sge -p 8 -n 2000 -i 454ILMNcdhit.fa -d cluster -C /home/rolab/gicl/454ILMNcdhit.fa:99:30:50:G -c /home/rolab/gicl/gicl_mgbl.psx
    52 entries from file gridx-psx-454ILMNcdhit.fa.n2000.s0.t0.taskDb were indexed in file gridx-psx-454ILMNcdhit.fa.n2000.s0.t0.taskDb.cidx
    sh: qsub: command not found
    Error: No Job ID# could be parsed!
    () at /home/rolab/gicl/gridx line 727.
    Error at 'gridx -g sge -p 8 -n 2000 -i 454ILMNcdhit.fa -d cluster -C '/home/rolab/gicl/454ILMNcdhit.fa:99:30:50:G' -c '/home/rolab/gicl/gicl_mgbl.psx''

Process terminated with an error, at step 'pairwise'!
    gicl (454ILMNcdhit.fa) encountered an error at step pairwise
    Working directory was /home/rolab/gicl.

Any help would be great, or alternatively an easier approach for redundancy reduction of merged assemblies.

Thanks

This is the important bit that I see in the text.

Code:
    sh: qsub: command not found
    I assume you are submitting the job to a cluster? What is the complete command you are using for this job submission.

Are there any additional clues in the following log files?

Standard log file: gicl_454ILMNcdhit.fa.log
    Error log file: err_gicl_454ILMNcdhit.fa.log

Comment

Yeah, that's the bit I picked p on too, but wasn't sure if there was something else I was overlooking.

I am trying to run this on a workstation (8 core, 48 Gb RAM).

The command I used to start was:
      gicl /home/rolab/454Allcontigs.fa -g sge -c8 -n2000 -p98 -v10 -l50

The workstation is running another process in windows right now so I'll check the other error log in an hour.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Are you actually running SGE to manage jobs on this workstation (not how I would imagine a standalone workstation to be set up)?

If you are not then you should probably run TGICL instead of GICL (which is meant to be used with SGE and condor on a cluster): http://compbio.dfci.harvard.edu/tgi/software/

Comment

I have to admit, I'm in over my head when it comes to the system setup. The OS was installed by the IT personnel in our dept. I had thought it was setup to be compatible with software run on clusters but I think I see the problem you mean.

I didn't want to run a full assembly of the contigs. I ran a pre-assembly of Illumina PE reads and 454 reads separately and then merged with CD-HIT-EST. I wanted to collapse redundant contigs, which is why I had thought GICL would be a better option than TGICL. Am I mistaken in that understanding?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses