Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RseQC geneBody_coverage.py error

Hi, I am trying to run geneBody_coverage.py and I get the following error.
    I assume the BinnedBitSet has something to do with transcript legnth so I removed ones that are longer than 500Kb.
    But I still get the error.
    Can anyone tell me why I am getting the error?
    Thank you.

Load BAM file ... Done
    Load BAM file ... /opt/gridengine/default/spool/r-slave-1-3/job_scripts/580306: line 9:
    python /rseqc/latest/build/scripts-2.7/geneBody_coverage.py --input-f
    --out-prefix $3
    Get intron regions from /cancer/reference/current/transcriptome/gen.v12.filter
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/rseqc/latest/build/scripts-2.7/inner_distance.py", line 87, in <module
    main()
    File "/rseqc/latest/build/scripts-2.7/inner_distance.py", line 79, in main
    obj.mRNA_inner_distance(outfile=options.output_prefix,low_bound=options.lower_bound_
    s.upper_bound_size,step=options.step_size,refbed=options.ref_gene,sample_size=options.sa
    tions.map_qual)
    File "/python/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/RSeQC-2.3.9-py2.7-linux-x
    AM.py", line 3380, in mRNA_inner_distance
    exon_bitsets = binned_bitsets_from_list(ref_exons)
    File "/python/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bx_python-0.7.1-py2.7-lin
    set_builders.py", line 143, in binned_bitsets_from_list
    last_bitset.set_range( start, end - start )
    File "bitset.pyx", line 212, in bx.bitset.BinnedBitSet.set_range (lib/bx/bitset.c:3155
    File "bitset.pyx", line 185, in bx.bitset.bb_check_range_count (lib/bx/bitset.c:2669)
    IndexError: End (536985336) is larger than the size of this BinnedBitSet (536870912).

There must be very big number(s) in your BED file. If you are working on human/mouse genome, you must have made some mistakes during the preparation of this BED file. However, if you are working on other species which indeed has chromosomes larger than 536870912, please stop using this script.

As you can see from the error message below, bx-python package applied this limitation.

Originally posted by Him26 View Post
    Hi, I am trying to run geneBody_coverage.py and I get the following error.
    I assume the BinnedBitSet has something to do with transcript legnth so I removed ones that are longer than 500Kb.
    But I still get the error.
    Can anyone tell me why I am getting the error?
    Thank you.

Load BAM file ... Done
    Load BAM file ... /opt/gridengine/default/spool/r-slave-1-3/job_scripts/580306: line 9:
    python /rseqc/latest/build/scripts-2.7/geneBody_coverage.py --input-f
    --out-prefix $3
    Get intron regions from /cancer/reference/current/transcriptome/gen.v12.filter
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/rseqc/latest/build/scripts-2.7/inner_distance.py", line 87, in <module
    main()
    File "/rseqc/latest/build/scripts-2.7/inner_distance.py", line 79, in main
    obj.mRNA_inner_distance(outfile=options.output_prefix,low_bound=options.lower_bound_
    s.upper_bound_size,step=options.step_size,refbed=options.ref_gene,sample_size=options.sa
    tions.map_qual)
    File "/python/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/RSeQC-2.3.9-py2.7-linux-x
    AM.py", line 3380, in mRNA_inner_distance
    exon_bitsets = binned_bitsets_from_list(ref_exons)
    File "/python/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bx_python-0.7.1-py2.7-lin
    set_builders.py", line 143, in binned_bitsets_from_list
    last_bitset.set_range( start, end - start )
    File "bitset.pyx", line 212, in bx.bitset.BinnedBitSet.set_range (lib/bx/bitset.c:3155
    File "bitset.pyx", line 185, in bx.bitset.bb_check_range_count (lib/bx/bitset.c:2669)
    IndexError: End (536985336) is larger than the size of this BinnedBitSet (536870912).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses