No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Comment

It‘s so hard for me to understand those answers.

Comment

Hi All,
        I converted the .bam file to .bai file using
        $ samtools index test_sorted.bam test_sorted.bai (and now I have both in the same folder). When i upload the .bam file to IGV it seems to work, but i see no alignment of the reads against the genome (i do see the genome in blue)
        I am using the TAIR10 genome.

what could be this? ideas?
        many thanks
        G
        Last edited by Gonza; 10-17-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonza View Post
          Hi All,
          I converted the .bam file to .bai file using
          $ samtools index test_sorted.bam test_sorted.bai (and now I have both in the same folder). When i upload the .bam file to IGV it seems to work, but i see no alignment of the reads against the genome (i do see the genome in blue)
          I am using the TAIR10 genome.

what could be this? ideas?
          many thanks
          G
          Chromosome names need to match between your BAM/genome in IGV (I assume you are using the built-in genome) in order for IGV to be able to display your data. Other possibility is you need to start zooming in/out/sideways depending on the relative location of IGV display, to see the mapped reads.

Comment

Thanks, I just realized that you need to start scrolling to the side to see where the reads are. It wasn't really intuitive....sorry for the silly question.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
              Yesterday, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses