No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Fusion Annotation pipeline

Hi everybody!

I'm pleased to announce Pegasus, a pipeline for the annotation of gene fusions. The tool is built on top of fusion detection tools (defuse and chimerascan are the supported one, but we are working to extend it) and it allows to assembly fusion sequence, both of nucleotides and amino acids, and annotate the lost and conserved protein domains.

The tool is still under development as well the documentation, but it is available at:

Download Pegasus Fusion Annotation and Prediction for free. This project has permanently moved to GitHub, and has been updated. https://github.com/RabadanLab/Pegasus

I applied this tool to many analysis and I found very useful to focus on biologically relevant fusions. So I decided to share it!

Contact me for any question! I hope you like it!

Originally posted by fabate View Post
    Hi everybody!

I'm pleased to announce Pegasus, a pipeline for the annotation of gene fusions. The tool is built on top of fusion detection tools (defuse and chimerascan are the supported one, but we are working to extend it) and it allows to assembly fusion sequence, both of nucleotides and amino acids, and annotate the lost and conserved protein domains.

The tool is still under development as well the documentation, but it is available at:

Download Pegasus Fusion Annotation and Prediction for free. This project has permanently moved to GitHub, and has been updated. https://github.com/RabadanLab/Pegasus

I applied this tool to many analysis and I found very useful to focus on biologically relevant fusions. So I decided to share it!

Contact me for any question! I hope you like it!
    Does it work with FusionCatcher <http://code.google.com/p/fusioncatcher/> ?

Comment

Gene Fusion Annotation pipeline

thank you for givin pipeline

may I ask you if you have any idea about tophat2-fusion vs defuse vs your one.

I have differences in my results obtained from Tophat2-Fusion vs defuse. There is single matching fusion gene between tophat and deFuse in one cell line. remaining 4 cell lines, there is none. n=5

tutorial commands, which I also used, are:
      tophat2Fusion
      tophat -o tophat_Calu-3 -p 8 --fusion-search --keep-fasta-order --bowtie 1 --no-coverage-search -r 0 --mate-std-dev 80 --max-intron-length 100000 --fusion-min-dist 100000 --fusion-anchor-length 13 --fusion-ignore-chromosomes chrM /data/tmkim/Tools/bowtie-0.12.9/hg19 Calu-3RNA_1.fastq Calu-3RNA_2.fastq

Post Fusion
      tophat-fusion-post -p 8 --num-fusion-reads 1 --num-fusion-pairs 2 --num-fusion-both 5 /data/tmkim/Tools/bowtie-0.12.9/hg19

do you think your pipeline will be best for fusion.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Charitra,

actually Pegasus is a fusion annotation system that runs on top of fusion detection tools like deFuse and Tophat2-fusion. So you can provide for example defuse output and it will create fusion transcript annotations that will help to select those fusions that best fit some cancer related features.

Currently it still does not support tophat2-fusion, but it support defuse. if you can create a defuse-like report file of tophat2-fusion report you will be able to run it.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Hi ndaniel,

currently FusionCatcher is not yet supported. We will work on that in the feature.

Comment

Thank Dr Fabate

defuse-like report file of tophat2 fusion? I hope it means data parsing of tophat2fusion and producing deFuse like format , and providing to fusion catcher.

However, I have tophat-postfusions n=17...

Comment

I mean exactly that. It's just a matter of formatting the report.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses