Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASAVA running on PBS pro

As we probably all know, Casava can be made to run in parallel on SGE (sun grid engine). Is it possible to have it use PBS instead? The commands are similar (e.q., qsub, qstat) yet frustratingly different in the option details.

Modifying or adding to:

CASAVA/lib/CASAVA-1.7.0/perl/Casava/TaskManager

should do the trick. But if someone else has already done the modification then I would prefer to use that. BTW, Illumina support only recommends SGE and does not seem to be interested in supporting PBS.

Thanks.

There are already some solutions for this for LSF. (search the forum)

I think we had a request for this here recently, I'll see what happened with it. We run torque/Moab so anything we change should be close enough for Altair PBSPro.

It's been a version or two since I looked at it, but CASAVA is really nothing more than an evil elaborate makefile wrapper that uses sgmake. Try using distmake or pmake in it's place. I suspect that will be enough to get you up and running.

hpc

Comment

Anyone has update about this post? I have the same problem

Comment

I am not using CASAVA with PBS per se. Instead I do the deconvolution on a multi-CPU node and then split up the next processing on a per-sample basis -- one sample per node.

Comment

You should be able to get CASAVA to work with a queuing engine of your choice with some tinkering. Unfortunately you will be doing this each time a new version of pipeline is released.

Scenario to consider is if you ever run into a problem. To be clear, Illumina tech support is great and they do try to help. But if they determine that the problem is specific to your queuing system then you will need to find a solution on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by hpcguy View Post
            There are already some solutions for this for LSF. (search the forum)

I think we had a request for this here recently, I'll see what happened with it. We run torque/Moab so anything we change should be close enough for Altair PBSPro.

It's been a version or two since I looked at it, but CASAVA is really nothing more than an evil elaborate makefile wrapper that uses sgmake. Try using distmake or pmake in it's place. I suspect that will be enough to get you up and running.

hpc
            We're working on installing CASAVA on a cluster using a Torque/Maui scheduler. Does anyone have a good guide for this? hpcguy do you have some advice?

Comment

Torque and Casava

Hi

Did you have any success with this. We're hoping to do the same.

Thanks
              Originally posted by User001 View Post
              We're working on installing CASAVA on a cluster using a Torque/Maui scheduler. Does anyone have a good guide for this? hpcguy do you have some advice?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses