SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nextera XT sample prep from genomic samples - question about QC along the way mdalessio Illumina/Solexa 18 10-22-2013 06:07 AM
Multiplex Sample Prep: Three Primer Method question emucaki Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 03-05-2013 08:26 AM
Cleanup and de novo assembly of a 2.9 Gb genome stvos Bioinformatics 0 08-01-2011 01:11 AM
Sample purification question glassfish Illumina/Solexa 2 07-06-2011 01:10 AM
Wiki cleanup? krobison Wiki Discussion 3 05-02-2010 02:12 PM

Old 07-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
AngA34

Default sample cleanup question

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Exo/SAP PCR cleanup is compatible with MiSeq Illuina sequencing?

I am preparing some environmental DNA for MiSeq Illumina sequencing. I have done the first round of PCR with 16S bacterial primers which have overhangs that will be used by the sequencing facility to perform a second round of PCR where they would attach the Illumina adaptors. My question is, is ExoSAP PCR cleanup of this first round of PCR compatible with their 2nd round of PCR and the Illumina MiSeq platform? Is there anything in the PCR reaction (normal PCR reaction performed with 3%v/v DMSO) or in the Exo/SAP reaction, that could interfere with lib preparation or sequencing? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you
AngA34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
nucacidhunter

ExoSAP-IT will remove nucleotides and remaining primers. I see two potential issues. If the first PCR has primer dimers, they will not be removed which may cause issues in 2nd PCR (such as preferential amplification of dimers rather than target region). Also, depending on how much of 1st PCR product is used as template for 2nd PCR, it may disturb buffer composition which may affect PCR efficiency. Using ExoSAP-IT for library clean up (2nd PCR) will leave all the primer-dimers and small artefact fragments in, which will result in sequencing those rather than target fragments.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:44 AM   #3
cement_head

I'm not so sure that primer dimers would be an issue - it seems to be able to clean-up Adaptors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ExoSAP-IT in NGS application note.pdf (327.1 KB, 16 views)
cement_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:46 AM   #4
cement_head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cement_head View Post
I'm not so sure that primer dimers would be an issue - it seems to be able to clean-up Adaptors.
Nope, won't work for NGS - just spoke with them - they've tried and doesn't.
cement_head is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exosap, illumina miseq, pcr, sample cleanup