SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TruSeq Stranded mRNA HT kits, column 3 adaptors do not work with v4 chemistry? Alvaro Hernandez Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 11-11-2015 12:44 PM
TruSeq Stranded Total RNA final sample storage Qualiphar Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 08-18-2015 05:41 AM
End repair of TruSeq RNA and TruSeq mRNA stranded ykgenome Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 05-14-2014 11:01 PM
silly question r.e. TruSeq stranded mRNA sweetph3 Illumina/Solexa 2 03-21-2014 12:20 PM
Shoulder in Truseq ChIP sample preparation libraries Rosmano Sample Prep / Library Generation 10 04-09-2013 05:00 AM

Old 11-11-2016, 03:19 AM   #1
chicken

Default Adapter titration in TruSeq stranded mRNA sample preparation

Hi,
I am doing transcriptome analysis and prepared some RNA libraries from total RNA. Allways using 500ng of total RNA. I always got the problem that I got a lot of adapter dimers in the end. I check it by loading sample on an agarose gel. I suspect that I somehow have to titarate the adapter but I do not know how since there are no suggestions in the prepration guide and I do not know the concetration of the adapter-mix is. Have anybody done a titration before with that certain preparation kit?? I would be really happy about a little hint.

Thanks in advance.

Used Kit: TruSeq stranded mRNA sample preparation by Illumina
chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
NGSeqer

Hi Chicken,

The AMPure bead cleanup after adapter ligation should remove most adapter dimer. Things that can affect bead cleans up are: using incorrect bead to sample ratio, expired beads, and not using freshly made EtOH.
NGSeqer is offline   Reply With Quote