No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undergraduate Student Looking for Research Project Ideas

Hi there,

I looked through some threads and didn't see anything that looked like it could help. Please link me to one if I missed it!

I'm taking my first intensive course in Bioinformatics methods and I have to submit a research proposal in a few weeks for an independent project based mostly the analyzing and comparing of data. I can collect my own data if someone comes up with something that would require it, I'd just have to get a faculty sponsor. But I'm looking for ideas that would be doable in half of a normal college semester in terms of presenting something to the professor to show I know how to use the tools and methods taught in the class. Ideally, I'd like something that could be taken on by an undergraduate and have some good results in 3 months, better results in 9, and be wrapping up around 15 months from now.

The professor has advised me to pick something like this if I can/want because of a full year research course required for graduation next year. My interests mainly lies in biomedical (human and animal) at the moment. But I also have an affinity for bacteria and viruses(phages) as well as epigenetics. I have a year of experience in a molecular biology lab studying epigenetics so I might be most comfortable in that area but I love being challenged. Thanks for all the help.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses