No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble With Trim_Galore processing paired reads

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this, and have been havigjn soem trouble with trim galore. I think I've reached that point where I cannot see what is causing my error and I thought I would ask you for your colelctive input:

Here is my trim_galore command:
    ./trim_galore -a AGATCGGAAGAGC -t --paired /media/daveboBaggins/R2_001.fastq /media/daveboBaggins/R1_001.fastq

I get as an output:
    SUMMARISING RUN PARAMETERS
    ==========================
    Input filename: /media/daveboBaggins/R2_001.fastq
    Quality Phred score cutoff: 20
    Quality encoding type selected: ASCII+33
    Adapter sequence: 'AGATCGGAAGAGC'
    Maximum trimming error rate: 0.1 (default)
    Minimum required adapter overlap (stringency): 1 bp
    Minimum required sequence length for both reads before a sequence pair gets removed: 20 bp
    All sequences will be trimmed by 1 bp on their 3' end to avoid problems with invalid paired-end alignments with Bowtie 1

Writing final adapter and quality trimmed output to
    R2_001_trimmed.fq

>>> Now performing quality (cutoff 20) and adapter trimming in a single pass for the adapter sequence: 'AGATCGGAAGAGC' from file

I get the following error message:
    open3: exec of /home/daveboBaggins/cutadapt-1.2.1/cutadapt -f fastq -e 0.1 -q 20 -O 1 -a AGATCGGAAGAGC /media/daveboBaggins/7_R2_001.fastq failed at /home/daveboBaggins/trim_galore_zip/trim_galore line 453

I have gone back to line 453 which is as follows:
    open3 (\*WRITER, \*TRIM, \*ERROR, "$path_to_cutadapt -f fastq -e $error_rate -q $cutoff -O $stringency -a $adapter $filename") or die "Failed to launch Cutadapt: $!";

I have made sure I added the path to cutadapt in the perl code. But still cannot see what I am doing wrong? I have gone back and the pathway to cutadapt is in the $PATH variable. Any suggestions will be much appreciated

-Dave-Bo Baggins

While we wait for trimgalore folks to chime in (tomorrow) here is something to test:

Have you checked to make sure that cutadapt has execute permissions?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      While we wait for trimgalore folks to chime in (tomorrow) here is something to test:

That's exactly what I would have asked. When you enter the same path to Cutadapt that you also find within Trim Galore into a command line, e.g.

/home/user/cutadapt/bin/cutadapt

do you see the Cutadapt help? If not, you need to get Cutadapt to run before launching Trim Galore.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. I will be in front of my work computer in an hour and change and will check that out

Dave

Comment

Thanks a lot, Ill will be looking into this and will get back to you all asap!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses