No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metagenomics/Metatrancriptomics Sequencing

Hello Everyone,
    We have some ice samples and want to know where could we get it sequenced. We want to do metagenomics and metatranscriptomics.
    Any kind of information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Hi newBioinfo
    There is a company in Germany calls GenXpro http://www.genxpro.info/
    They have a very nice pool of services and good prices for what you may need.
    Do not hesitate to contact them

Comment

Thanks aarodriguezm,
      I have contacted them and waiting for their reply.

Comment

Hi newBioinfo!
        What kind of analysis would you like to do? My university sequencing facility offers 16S amplicons sequencing and also bioinformatic analysis if you need!

Comment

I forgot this: we use 454 technology, with amplicons of V1-V3 variable regions.
          You can take a look to this:

Microbial growth on meat to unacceptable levels contributes significantly to change meat structure, color and flavor and to cause meat spoilage. The types of microorganisms initially present in meat depend on several factors and multiple sources of contamination can be identified. The aims of this study were to evaluate the microbial diversity in beefsteaks before and after aerobic storage at 4°C and to investigate the sources of microbial contamination by examining the microbiota of carcasses wherefrom the steaks originated and of the processing environment where the beef was handled. Carcass, environmental (processing plant) and meat samples were analyzed by culture-independent high-throughput sequencing of 16S rRNA gene amplicons. The microbiota of carcass swabs was very complex, including more than 600 operational taxonomic units (OTUs) belonging to 15 different phyla. A significant association was found between beef microbiota and specific beef cuts (P<0.01) indicating that different cuts of the same carcass can influence the microbial contamination of beef. Despite the initially high complexity of the carcass microbiota, the steaks after aerobic storage at 4°C showed a dramatic decrease in microbial complexity. Pseudomonas sp. and Brochothrix thermosphacta were the main contaminants, and Acinetobacter, Psychrobacter and Enterobacteriaceae were also found. Comparing the relative abundance of OTUs in the different samples it was shown that abundant OTUs in beefsteaks after storage occurred in the corresponding carcass. However, the abundance of these same OTUs clearly increased in environmental samples taken in the processing plant suggesting that spoilage-associated microbial species originate from carcasses, they are carried to the processing environment where the meat is handled and there they become a resident microbiota. Such microbiota is then further spread on meat when it is handled and it represents the starting microbial association wherefrom the most efficiently growing microbial species take over during storage and can cause spoilage.

Comment

Originally posted by Francy87 View Post
            I forgot this: we use 454 technology, with amplicons of V1-V3 variable regions.
            You can take a look to this:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0070222
            Thanks Francy87,
            We already have 16s rRNA data, now we want to do metagenomics and metatranscriptomics. Is you facility offering that.

Thanks!!

Comment

Not yet, I'm sorry!

Comment

NewBioinfo,
                Our facility does offer that and we are stateside. I sent you a PM.

Originally posted by newBioinfo View Post
                Hello Everyone,
                We have some ice samples and want to know where could we get it sequenced. We want to do metagenomics and metatranscriptomics.
                Any kind of information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Sorry, a little bit offtopic but what kind of sequencing are you planning? 454? Illumina? I've been wondering what would be optimal for metatranscriptomics and would it be the same for metagenomics as well. Perhaps MiSeq 2x300 with ~500 bp fragment size for metatranscriptomics at least? Of course all this would also depend on how much diversity you'd expect there is in your sample, etc.
                  savetherhino.org

Comment

Originally posted by genbio64 View Post
                    NewBioinfo,
                    Our facility does offer that and we are stateside. I sent you a PM.
                    Hi genbio64,
                    Could you provide us some details or contact info.

Thanks!!!

Comment

i've used the university of illinois for 454 shotgun sequencing. good results and excellent customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by lac302 View Post
                        http://www.biotech.illinois.edu/htdna

i've used the university of illinois for 454 shotgun sequencing. good results and excellent customer service.
                        Thanks lac302,
                        I checked the link and contacted them, could you tell me if they do the nucleic acid extraction also.

Thanks!!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                        • seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                        0 responses