Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to run Quiver

I'm running ICE and Quiver using tofu_wrap.py, I tried many ways but still failed. I don't understand what error log said and I have attached two log files. If anybody here has any advice I'd be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ling

Click image for larger version

Name:	Q.png
Views:	1
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	309088

Name:	elog.png
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	309089

Name:	olog.png
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	309090

It seems as though pulse features were not added into your *.cmp.h5

What was the process you used to generate your cmp.h5. Did you use pbalign with the --forQuiver option?

Comment

Originally posted by gconcepcion View Post
      It seems as though pulse features were not added into your *.cmp.h5

What was the process you used to generate your cmp.h5. Did you use pbalign with the --forQuiver option?
      Thank you gconcepcion, but I don't known what you mean. I just learn to analysis data from tofu Tutorial #2. Isoform level clustering (ICE and Quiver) https://github.com/PacificBioscience...-and-Quiver%29. My command is
      Code:
      tofu_wrap.py --nfl_fa isoseq_nfl.fasta --ccs_fofn reads_of_insert.fofn --bas_fofn input.fofn -d clusterOut --quiver --gmap_db /zs32/data-analysis/liucy_group/llhuang/Reflib/gmapdb --gmap_name gmapdb_h19 --output_seqid_prefix human isoseq_flnc.fasta final.consensus.fa
      Could you you talk more details?
      Last edited by GenoMax; 07-28-2016, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Looks like the issue described here:
        Single-molecule real-time observation of DNA polymerase using zero-mode waveguide (ZMW) optical confinement nanostructures

Can you please attach your "reads_of_insert.fofn" and "input.fofn" files?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhan View Post
          Single-molecule real-time observation of DNA polymerase using zero-mode waveguide (ZMW) optical confinement nanostructures

input.fofn

Name:	input.png
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	305134
          reads_of_insert.fofn

Name:	reads_of_insert.png
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	305135

Comment

I am sure that the fofn files are correct. I try it again, Just as expected, error occurred I can't understand the cause of the error displayed on screen, as usual, I attach them at below. As you can see, the code has been running for half.Could you explain why this is the case? Thank you!

Name:	error1.png
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	305136

Name:	error2.png
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	305137

Name:	error3.png
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	305138

Comment

Originally posted by lingling huang View Post
              I am sure that the fofn files are correct. I try it again, Just as expected, error occurred I can't understand the cause of the error displayed on screen, as usual, I attach them at below. As you can see, the code has been running for half.Could you explain why this is the case? Thank you!

[ATTACH]4447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4449[/ATTACH]
              To me this is a different error from the one described originally.

This one is on DALIGNER itself. The version shipped within ToFU is pretty outdated. Several bugs have been found and fixed since then.
              Please obtain the more recently version from https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/DALIGNER/, compile it and replace the ones under your virtualenv/bin directory.

Comment

input.fofn
                [ATTACH]4445[/ATTACH]
                reads_of_insert.fofn
                [ATTACH]4446[/ATTACH]
                There appear to be blank lines in your *.fofn's

Try removing the blank lines at the end and re-running.
                Last edited by gconcepcion; 07-29-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

To me this is a different error from the one described originally.

This one is on DALIGNER itself. The version shipped within ToFU is pretty outdated. Several bugs have been found and fixed since then.
                  Please obtain the more recently version from https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/DALIGNER/, compile it and replace the ones under your virtualenv/bin directory.
                  Hi, bowhan . I have updated DALIGNER files, and ran again. Finally, I obtain the 'combined' folder in the directory 'clusterOut' . It seems that I basically got the result, but I found it was lack of "all_sizes.quivered_hq.fastq.5merge.collapsed.XXX " files. Disappointed, I failed again. I guess there is a problem in the step of 'collapse_isoforms_by_sam.py‘ command or in the process of mapping to the reference genome, right? How can I fix it up? Another question is why I can't find 'final.consensus.fa' in current pathway since I wrote it in my command. As usual, I attach there pictures at below. I am looking forward to your help, thank you very much!

error:

Name:	tofu1.png
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	305139

Name:	clusterOut.png
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	305140

Name:	combined.png
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	305141

Comment

Hi, bowhan . I have updated DALIGNER files, and ran again. Finally, I obtain the 'combined' folder in the directory 'clusterOut' . It seems that I basically got the result, but I found it was lack of "all_sizes.quivered_hq.fastq.5merge.collapsed.XXX " files. Disappointed, I failed again. I guess there is a problem in the step of 'collapse_isoforms_by_sam.py‘ command or in the process of mapping to the reference genome, right? How can I fix it up?
                    The error message indicates a (solved) issue described here:

Please try the method described in this thread. If the error remains, re-install ToFU under a new directory. Make sure you follow the instructions (https://github.com/PacificBioscience...ranscript-tofu) strictly.
                    Additionally, I remember that you had issues with outdated Cython. Consider upgrading that BEFORE installing ToFU.

Another question is why I can't find 'final.consensus.fa' in current pathway since I wrote it in my command. As usual, I attach there pictures at below. I am looking forward to your help, thank you very much!
                    That's fine. `final.consensus.fa` is the output of `pbtranscript.py cluster` but not ToFU. You should be expecting a file named `all_sizes.quivered_hq.fastq` under the `combined` folder. For more information, please read this:
                    https://github.com/PacificBioscience...ICE-and-Quiver)

BTW, I wouldn't use the default bin size, which is 1kb. Reads in different bins are not seeing each other during the clustering process. Use something like `--bin_manual "(0,2,4,6,8,99)"`.

Comment

The error message indicates a (solved) issue described here:

Please try the method described in this thread. If the error remains, re-install ToFU under a new directory. Make sure you follow the instructions (https://github.com/PacificBioscience...ranscript-tofu) strictly.
                      Additionally, I remember that you had issues with outdated Cython. Consider upgrading that BEFORE installing ToFU.

That's fine. `final.consensus.fa` is the output of `pbtranscript.py cluster` but not ToFU. You should be expecting a file named `all_sizes.quivered_hq.fastq` under the `combined` folder. For more information, please read this:
                      https://github.com/PacificBioscience...ICE-and-Quiver)

BTW, I wouldn't use the default bin size, which is 1kb. Reads in different bins are not seeing each other during the clustering process. Use something like `--bin_manual "(0,2,4,6,8,99)"`.
                      Hi, bowhan. Just to let you know I finally got the right result. Thank u for helping me all the time.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                      • seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                      0 responses