SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I would like to know basic pipeline for analysis of miRNA from SOLID seq data ? unique379 SOLiD 3 05-13-2013 08:52 PM
75+35 Pair-end SOLiD RNA-seq data analysis endether SOLiD 11 12-12-2012 04:40 PM
SOLiD seq process: Covert colorspace to basespace zhigangwu Bioinformatics 4 12-08-2011 03:48 PM
Fusion gene detect tools for Solid (colorspace)single end 50bp RNA-seq data yinxiaohe RNA Sequencing 3 08-22-2011 06:04 PM

Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
Blaize

Default Colorspace bis-seq data analysis on Solid

What is your recommendation for analyzing bisulphit data? There are very few tools with various output (generally non human readable) and performance (Socs-B, Bathmeth, Bsolana, Pass) but I think we don't find the real one, yet.
Blaize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
frozenlyse

Bisulfite sequencing and solid is a very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad idea.
frozenlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
simonandrews
Simon Andrews

13 very's seems a little harsh, but I agree with the sentiment. If you have any kind of choice then using colourspace for BS-Seq is best avoided. The techniques used for mapping of BS-Seq data in base space don't naturally extend to colorspace so you have to make somewhat uncomfortable compromises about how to do the analysis.

Having said that, if you have to go ahead with this then we'd probably recommend BSolana. We talked a lot with the authors when they were writing it and they were well aware of the limitations of the platform and made a reasonable compromise to get the best they could out of this type of data. It might be worth noting that they moved to Illumina sequencing not long after writing Bsolana though!
simonandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
Blaize

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonandrews View Post
13 very's seems a little harsh, but I agree with the sentiment. If you have any kind of choice then using colourspace for BS-Seq is best avoided. The techniques used for mapping of BS-Seq data in base space don't naturally extend to colorspace so you have to make somewhat uncomfortable compromises about how to do the analysis.

Having said that, if you have to go ahead with this then we'd probably recommend BSolana. We talked a lot with the authors when they were writing it and they were well aware of the limitations of the platform and made a reasonable compromise to get the best they could out of this type of data. It might be worth noting that they moved to Illumina sequencing not long after writing Bsolana though!
I agree with you, B-Solana is a good compromise but unfortunately we have some program errors with this on the latest linuxes. I'll set up a VM with an older version of Ubuntu/CentOS etc. and give it a last try.
Blaize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
simonandrews
Simon Andrews

Have you tried contacting the authors? They're nice guys and may be able to offer a quick fix. If it worked on older linux versions it's probably a really trivial fix.
simonandrews is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bis-seq, bisulphit, colorspace, solid