Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuffmerge stopped at Converting GTF files to SAM

I was running cuffmerge and got the following message. it seem it stopped for some reason. Does anybody have ideas on what is going on?

[Thu Jul 19 11:38:15 2012] Beginning transcriptome assembly merge
    -------------------------------------------

[Thu Jul 19 11:38:15 2012] Preparing output location Documents/RNA_Seq/LSD1_analysis_072012/cuffmerge_07172012//
    [Thu Jul 19 11:38:17 2012] Converting GTF files to SAM
    buszczak-macpro:~ zwang$

I have not fixed the problem, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comment

cuffmerege

I am having the same problem. My error reads:

Mon Jul 23 09:35:33 2012] Converting GTF files to SAM
      [09:35:33] Loading reference annotation.
      Error: duplicate GFF ID 'ENST00000361547.2' encountered!
      [FAILED]
      Error: could not execute gtf_to_sam

I ran cuffcompare recently on the same gtf file and it worked, and simply warned of the GFF ID duplication, but did not fail.

Does anybody have an answer to this?

Comment

I run the old version of cufflinks (last fall version) a couple of week ago and it was fine. After I have our computer guy updated the cufflinks to the most recent version, I start to encounter the problem even when running the same commands which had no problem at all before. My guess is that it should not be the files or commands problem but either the installation or compatibility issues.

Comment

I am having the same problem as zhwang. There is no error message on the command line nor in the log. I have no clue how to fix this!
          Last edited by slockton; 08-30-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Encountered the same problem. Found the access mode for gtf_to_sam is -rwx------. Changed that and it worked. Probably, the person who made the package messed it up.

Comment

THANK YOU gechen!

I can confirm that this solution worked. If anyone else has this problem locate gtf_to_sam, cd to its directory and use the command

Code:
              chmod +xr gtf_to_sam
              You might need to be root/use sudo to do this, depending on where gtf_to_sam has been installed.

Cheers,
              S

Comment

Originally posted by slockton View Post
                I am having the same problem as zhwang. There is no error message on the command line nor in the log. I have no clue how to fix this!
                Persons with the same problem are reporting the same problem again and again but still till mow no one has got any responses friends if anyone of you get any answers then please PM me...
                click here

Comment

I've encountered the sample problem, but when i used other's entry account to the server. the script worked well. Maybe there were some settings not right.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                  0 responses