SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concentrating method for TruSeq lib prep in microRNA sequencing candicechu Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 01-20-2016 04:40 PM
After ChIP optimization the TruSeq LIB prep is not working anymore: peak at HMW! EmiVig Sample Prep / Library Generation 13 11-12-2014 01:54 AM
miRNA precipitation prior to Illumina TruSeq Small RNA lib prep mdubs Sample Prep / Library Generation 7 06-19-2013 07:24 AM
TruSeq lib prep anomaly barturas General 0 02-19-2013 11:47 AM
Library prep for 50ng input with TruSeq DNA- or RNAseq adapters? sehrrot Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 11-09-2011 04:03 AM

Old 03-09-2018, 04:08 AM   #1
thiNGS

Talking bacterial RNAseq using TruSeq Lib prep

Hi all. I am in the process of starting RNAseq from bacterial samples and I am trying to identify the best strategy to do it. Given that bacterial RNA is not poly-adenylated, a random hexamer-based system is essential. Has anyone used the TruSeq stranded library prep kit for bacterial RNA? Or do you have a good kit to recommend? The samples will be run on the MiSeq or NextSeq systems. Any advice to guide me through the magical world of RNAseq will be much appreciated
thiNGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:15 AM   #2
huguesparri

We used the Truseq kit succesfully on Bacteria. 2 things are essential:
- DNAse treatment of your RNA.
- Good depletion efficiency for the ribosomal RNA. Ribozero kit are usually doing well.
huguesparri is offline   Reply With Quote