No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with blast...

Hi,
    Does anyone know if I need to make a assembly of my alignment before attempting to make a blast?
    I'm asking because after I do an alignment on BWA, I created a file in fasta format to make a blast. But the output file is similar to a sequence without anything aligned.

Someone can help me?

Hello Guigra,
    Can you share your alignment parameters with the group here... as well as confirm you expect the two to align because you established this with the prior BWA alignments? There are a number of very experienced BLAST users on the board here (as well as on our team) that can help if you provide more information.

My best.

Jarret Glasscock
    Cofactor Genomics

Comment

Hello,
      After doing the alignment with BWA, I need to pass the generated file to fasta format, so I can make a blast.
      But when I do this, apparently the fasta file generated seems only the reads. Lose alignment. You know what's happening?
      I use te samtools to pass the file in sam format for bam format, and after I use the blast2fastx to convert the alignment in bam format to fasta format.
      I don't know if have some influence, but I'm work with the paired-end.

Comment

FastA *is* only the sequence; aka, reads. The alignment and other information will be lost.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses