No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of Shoulder Peak in Illumina Library

Hello Everyone!
    I am preparing Library using Illumina TruSeq (Starting Total RNA 1.5 microgram with RIN: 10). I have been trying to do this a couple of times but every time I do this a shoulder peak of ~248 bp slowly creeps in. I would be very much thankful if you could please help me explain this and get rid of it.
    Thank you very much!
    Attached Files

I am not sure the instrument that you have run the libraries. Those peaks may not be related to library prep. I have seen those when the instrument is not in a stable position for instance the table is moved or it is near a centrifuge and the vibrations affects the instrument during loading.

Comment

What type of sample are you studying? This might be caused by a predominant short transcript?

Comment

Originally posted by luc View Post
        What type of sample are you studying? This might be caused by a predominant short transcript?
        Hi Thank you for your response. I am studying HeLa RNA samples. The OD 260/280 and OD 260/230 ratios were 2.03 & 2.01 whereas the RIN value was 10, which shows that the starting RNA sample is not degraded and very pure.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
          I am not sure the instrument that you have run the libraries. Those peaks may not be related to library prep. I have seen those when the instrument is not in a stable position for instance the table is moved or it is near a centrifuge and the vibrations affects the instrument during loading.
          Thank you for your response. The instrument has always been stable as we have dedicated table for the bio analyzer. There is a small table top centrifuge to spin down the samples but we use it before turning on the bio analyzer.

Comment

It this case luc explanation is more likely the cause. Aligning reads to reference or BLAST search should help to identify overrepresented transcripts/library fragments. Sometimes they could be result of insufficient polyA selection or depletion that can be corrected but sometimes result of biological state of cells which may not require any action.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
              It seems as if the stability of tape station affects the generation of peak while running the sample in the tape.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses