No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extract mapped information from bam files

Hello,

I have 3 bam files that i wanted to compare against each other. For example i have reference file with 10,000 sequences. I have paired end reads sequenced for 3 different samples.

1) Sample 1 is 100% same as reference so we expect all reads to map to it 2) Sample 2 is 80% similar to reference so 20% of reference sequences wont have any reads 3) Sample 3 is 60% similar to reference and 40% of reference wont have any reads.

Now my goal is to identify what reference sequences doesnot have any reads mapped in Sample 2 and 3.I need to identify the 20% reference sequences from Sample 2 and 40% from Sample 3.

Also in some cases in a reference which is approx 10kb long, sample 1 maps to entire 10kb, sample 2 maps to first 5kb and sample 3 maps to last 3kb. so i need to identify the partial regions for those reference sequences as well.

I have the mapped sorted bam files for all these three samples. I am looking in to using bedtools but not sure what in bedtools will give the answer i needed.

i have the following commands which might do similar but it ouputs differences at every base.

Code:
    genomeCoverageBed -bg -ibam sample1.bam > sample1.bedgraph

genomeCoverageBed -bg -ibam sample2.bam > sample2.bedgraph

unionBedGraphs -header -i sample1.bedgraph sample2.bedgraph -names sample1 sample2 -g reference.fai -empty > samples1and2.txt

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses