X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greetings from ca

Hi All,
    Thanks for this great forum. Found some useful stuff already.
    I'm a 4th year grad student at Stanford. Interested in sequencing novel and/or evolved yeast genomes on Illumina...
    Best,
    jared

Comment

Hi,
      I am a mathematician at the University of Minnesota, Duluth. I will soon help some biologists analyze transcriptome data for the 13-lined ground squirrel, a small mammalian hibernator, using a 454 sequencer. The ground squirrel has a 2X coverage WGS data, I'll be trying to figure out how to leverage that.
      -M. Hampton

Comment

Hi all,

I'm a research fellow at the Baker Heart institute in Melbourne using the GAIIx to study epigenetics and transcriptomics.

Comment

hello i am Saurav. I am a newbie to seqanswers. i was just searching for where to start and found this page. i am basically working on applied biosystem's SOLiD platform. I am new to high throughput sequencing.

Comment

Greetings from Uppsala

Hi!

I am a recently graduated bioinformatician and have just started working as a research engineer. I am trying to de novo assembly transcriptome Solexa sequences but am a newbie to this by all means! This seems to be a great forum though!

Cheers,
            Linnéa

Comment

Hi all,

I am a bioinformatician and I started to work on illumina GAiix last week.
              I will have in charge : data storage, software tests, and data analysis.
              I think this forum will be helpfull !

Cheers.

Comment

Hi all,
                I am a technician in Heidelberg working on solexa single end & PE and RNA seq
                gg

Comment

Greetings from Germany

Hi all,

I am a bioinformatician from Düsseldorf, working on 454 and solexa paired-end reads.

Cheers

Comment

Greeting

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to work with NGS data,so excited to find this great community.

Best

Comment

Hi from Boston

Hello!

I am a physicist making a transition to Bioinformatics- I find this field exciting! Currently working with ChIP-seq data. Looking forward to interesting discussions!

Cheers,

Lakshmi

Comment

Hey, all

A bioinformaticain working on microbial genomics and comparative genomics.

W

Comment

My self introduction

Hi All,

I'm Fengfeng Zhou, an assistant research scientist from the University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA. I'm working on sequence based comparative analysis of mobile genetic elements and how they contribute to the evolution of the host genomes. You may find my details at my personal web page:

btw, you are welcome to submit your next manuscripts to the journal Sequencing.

Peer-reviewed, open access journals for science, technology, social science and medicine. Indexed in the leading abstracting and indexing databases.

fengfeng

Comment

It's me

Hi guys,

I'm lab technician studying bioinformatics in Graz while working at the Institute of Human Genetics in Graz / Austria (Mozart, no Kangaroos). Two more weeks until we get a FLX System...
                            Prepare yourself for many many questions

Comment

Hi My name is Shabhonam Caim, I work at The Genome Analysis Centre, UK. I am currently working on solexa and 454 data. I hope to get and provide help here

Comment

Hi All,

I am an academic in Leicester, UK with growing interests in using HTS systems for studying high copy number repeats in mammalian genomes (OK I know that sounds crazy / masochistic).

We are getting ready for our first 454 experiment, but I'm interested in data analysis for all the major systems (my other hat is co-convenor of an MSc in Bioinformatics course!)

Great idea to gather a community!

Richard

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                                0 responses