Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFAST bfast.submit.pl configuration

Could anyone please provide a working config file for bfast.submit.pl to use as an example? We tried to create a config file, but it's sometimes hard to guess which parameter name in the schema stands for which in the BFAST programs. Also, Eclipse reports that the provided xml schema is incorrect at some places. Despite our efforts, the bfast.submit.pl exited without producing output. (We're using the data from the latest BFAST version.) bfast.submit.pl looks like a valuable tool and it would be very useful to get it to run for our cluster.

In that context, I'd like to know what the most efficient way of running BFAST is. I can use a node with 16 CPUs, up to 128 GB RAM. The 10 indexes for the human genome are 12 GB each so it's probably impossible to load them all into memory and keep enough space for the rest, especially when using pipes. As I noted, reading the indexes (one at a time as done by default) is the most time-consuming part in our case. Instead of splitting up the reads much and call multiple instances of bfast match with all indexes, I think it would be better to process all reads with one of the indexes in parallel.

Thanks in advance for the help

Barbara

Dears,
    this is my config file.
    I have not a sam file in the output, but only some sh script: match.sh, localign.sh, postprocess.sh, sam.sh.
    I don't know what is the next step because, as i write you, it's sometimes hard to guess which parameter name in the schema stands for which in the BFAST programs.
    A suggestion:
    if you have any validation errors with eclipse don't worry, they're not preclude the running of bfast.
    I am a beginner so i don't know if this can help you. I hope..
    Anyway, this is the BASIC xml version to run it:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <bfastConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="BfastConfig_5.xsd">
    <globalOptions>
    <bfastBin>/cbbl/users/vincenzo/bin/</bfastBin>
    <samtoolsBin>/cbbl/users/vincenzo/bin/</samtoolsBin>
    <qsubBin>/cbbl/users/vincenzo/bin/run_parallel/</qsubBin>
    <fastaFileName>/cbbl/users/vincenzo/bin/run_parallel/DH10B.fa</fastaFileName>
    <runDirectory>/cbbl/users/vincenzo/bin/run_parallel/</runDirectory>
    <readsDirectory>/cbbl/users/vincenzo/bin/run_parallel/</readsDirectory>
    <outputDirectory>/cbbl/users/vincenzo/bin/run_parallel/</outputDirectory>
    <tmpDirectory>/cbbl/users/vincenzo/bin/run_parallel/</tmpDirectory>
    <outputID>result</outputID>
    <cleanUsedIntermediateFiles>0</cleanUsedIntermediateFiles>
    <numReadsPerFASTQ localalignSplit="20" matchSplit="20">20</numReadsPerFASTQ>
    <timing>ON</timing>
    <queueType>SGE</queueType>
    <space>NT</space>
    </globalOptions>
    <matchOptions>
    <readCompression>gz</readCompression>
    <threads>1</threads>
    </matchOptions>
    <localalignOptions>
    <threads>1</threads>
    </localalignOptions>
    <postprocessOptions>
    <threads>1</threads>
    </postprocessOptions>
    <samOptions>
    <samtools>1</samtools>
    </samOptions>
    </bfastConfig>

To add any parameter, you can inspire from XSD and from bfast.submit.pl.
    If you solved it, please share your code.
    Thanks a lot.
    Vincenzo

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses