Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found the segment_juncs command that died in runs.log.
    I tried rerunning the exact command, but with p=1 (singlethreaded), and get the same error.

I've dug through the source of reads.cpp to find that apparently read access must be sequential. Does anyone know which file these reads are listed?

Comment

I'm still digging through source hoping for some light. Any insight would be strongly appreciated.

Comment

Solved?

I ran a test run over the weekend using data that had failed before. The run was successful over the weekend!
        I ran with just as many threads as the box has. This contrasts with the pervious failed runs where i called for more threads than existed (2x).
        I'm optimistic that i'll be able to successfully rerun the other samples as well. I'll let you know if this isn't the case.

Comment

seems to be a really random issue... I have it in one sample only - three others have been run happily. I'm curious about the explanation

Comment

For me it was pretty systematic.

My solution seems to work thus far as I have rerun 3 samples that previously failed.

I think the problem may stem from when Cufflinks' threads are competing at the scheduler with other processes. Many time people report this error when they share compute resources on a cluster. Perhaps this ordering is basically a race condition where threads can become out of sync, resulting in unexpected orders of return.
            Last edited by ians; 07-13-2012, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kesner View Post
              I was wondering If you still see the problem with the latest code build of tophat2?
              I just ran tophat2.0.4 with around 60M reads, still got the same error in tophat_reports step
              Error: ReadStream::getRead() called with out-of-order id#!

Comment

Multi threading causes problem for me

srun -S 32 tophat -p 32 -G <.gtf> -o <folder/> <hg19> *.fastq.gz

The above code gives me error:
                Error: segment-based junction search failed with err =1
                Error opening SAM file <folder/>/tmp/right_kept_reads.m2g_um_seg1.bam

The following code didnot give me any error!
                srun -S 32 tophat -p 32 -G <.gtf> -o <folder/> <hg19> *.fastq.gz --no-coverage-search

Comment

Originally posted by ians View Post
                  I ran a test run over the weekend using data that had failed before. The run was successful over the weekend!
                  I ran with just as many threads as the box has. This contrasts with the pervious failed runs where i called for more threads than existed (2x).
                  I'm optimistic that i'll be able to successfully rerun the other samples as well. I'll let you know if this isn't the case.
                  What do you mean by as many threads as the box has? I am getting a similar error but use this command to determine how many threads I have to set for p.
                  Code:
                  sysctl -n hw.ncpu
                  Currently I'm going along the lines of increasing the amount of open files that can be open as described here

Comment

Why are you even using Tophat? Even the group that developed it does not recommend it anymore. There are numerous superior alternatives. The group that developed Tophat now recommends HISAT, which they developed. I recommend BBMap, which I developed. But I don't think anyone recommends Tophat.

Comment

I'm doing comparisons of old analysis in which we used tophat2. Though you are right, I have been using hisat2 (really fast) and have indeed just started today on using BBmap to compare amongst aligners.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
                        Yesterday, 07:01 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                      0 responses