X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 454 reads correct with illumina

by 454 and illumina reads assemble 300m genome :

my schedule is
    1 correct the 454 reads by illumina 90bp reads by Coral (the attachment)
    2 assemble by celera or newbler

do you anyone have done it ? is there another way to do it ?
    Attached Files

We tried one called Nesoni to correct bacterial 454 contigs using Illumina short read data. It worked ok and corrected about 50 errors in a 6MB genome (if I remember rightly).

We haven't continued with this approach extensively, your 300 MB sounds like a lot more of a challenge.

Comment

yeah,thanks a lot ,i have done the work by Coral ,and assemble with the software Newbler,it has a great improve for genome size .
      for my genome is highly heterozygosis, i think it is useful !

Comment

Can I ask, biocomfun, how you used CORAL to correct 454 reads using Illumina reads? As far as I can tell, CORAL simply takes a set of reads and does multiple alignment ... i.e. you can't specify a set of reads to be corrected and a different set of reads to be trusted and used for correction. What did you do, merge your 454 and Illumina reads into one fastq file?

Comment

I use 30x solexa reads to correct 10x 454 reads specifically,with a improved version of Coral by author,it can specify a set of reads to correct with a different sets of data .

Comment

Originally posted by biocomfun View Post
            I use 30x solexa reads to correct 10x 454 reads specifically,with a improved version of Coral by author,it can specify a set of reads to correct with a different sets of data .
            I'm interested in what you mean by this, how does this work? I plan on using Coral for my current de novo project. Is it possible to obtain this per-released version of Coral?

/andreas

Comment

you can send a mail to the ahthor ! Good luck !

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses