Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combinatorial histone methylation patterns

There was a paper in the past few years that looked at dozens of distinct histone modifications (methylations & acetylations) in a mammalian cell type by ChIP-Seq, then defined some of the most common combinations and drew conclusions about what functions those specific combinations may be responsible for based on location relative to genes, etc...

I can't remember any more info about the paper, but I KNOW I read a paper like that and wasn't just dreaming...but I can't seem to find it anywhere among my papers or after an hour searching pubmed and google.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Can you point me to a reference if you think you know?

Thanks,
    Lou

Moving to Epigenetics!

Comment

Perhaps one of the ChromaSig papers?

Comment

Was it
        Wang et al, "Combinatorial patterns of histone acetylations and methylations in the human genome"

or perhaps
        Cui et al, "Chromatin Signatures in Multipotent Human Hematopoietic Stem Cells Indicate the Fate of Bivalent Genes during Differentiation"

Comment

I came across this paper last summer.
          Christoph Bock and Thomas Lengauer "Computational epigenetics"

Comment

It's not mammalian, but could you be thinking about the 'chromatin colors' paper in drosophila? It's worth reading even if this wasn't what you were remembering.

Comment

Was looking through Ernst et al today from the recent issue of Nature and saw the chromatin state table in Fig 1b and knew I had finally found what I was searching for...

The style of the table was so similar to the image I had in my mind that I was searching for when I started this thread. Anyway, this led me to the Nature Biotechnology paper from Ernst & Kellis in Aug 2010 which is exactly what I've been looking for.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everybody -- all very interesting and I hadn't come across 1 or 2 of them during my extensive searching.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses