No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence file format

Hi all,

I was just going through the files Complete Genomics is providing as deliverables by their Cancer sequencing service.

I downloaded the data from:
    ftp://ftp2.completegenomics.com/Canc...2.0.0/HCC2218/

There are two folders - one for normal and one for tumor sample. When I unzip them - I looked at the evidence folder (GS00258-DNA_A03/ASM/EVIDENCE). I found evidenceDnb files for chromosomes 2,5,6,13 and M only. For the same set of chromosomes, we also have evidence Interval files.

Following is my doubt:
    1) The remaining chromosomes have only evidence interval files and no evidence Dnb files. Why is it so? What does it mean?
    2) According to the CGA tools userguide, evidence Dnb files are to be converted to SAM format. Does this mean that evidence interval files are not meant to be used for this conversion?

Please guide. Thanks in advance.

Did you download all the EVIDENCE files, pt1-6 ? They are separated due to their size. Evidence interval files specify the windows where local de novo assembly was performed, and are not used in the SAM conversion.
    Bioinformatics Applications, Europe
    Lifetech Inc. http://www.lifetech.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gtyrelle View Post
      Did you download all the EVIDENCE files, pt1-6 ? They are separated due to their size. Evidence interval files specify the windows where local de novo assembly was performed, and are not used in the SAM conversion.
      Thanks a lot, Greg. Yes I downloaded the pt-1.tar only. I got your point. :-)

Comment

a little help please

Originally posted by ritzriya View Post
        Thanks a lot, Greg. Yes I downloaded the pt-1.tar only. I got your point. :-)
        Hi, could you be kind enough to tell me how to convert the evidence files to map (.sam or .bam) format, please?

Thanx.

Comment

For evidence files to SAM see here: http://cgatools.sourceforge.net/docs...l#evidence2sam

Comment

evidence2sam errors

I have been using cgatools for evidence to sam conversion for the cancer datasets on CG website.I keep facing segmentation fault error even after using full path for the evidence file location.Sometimes,the is basic_ios::clear error.Could anyone tell me how to get rid of these errors?

Comment

What is your goal here in doing the conversion ? First paste the full command line you used to run cgatools, along with the full output of the error.

Comment

Hi, can anyone please help me as of how to convert the feature file format to wiggle file format oR GFF format for utilizing gbrowse in plamodb ..
                thanx

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses