SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best method to add custom primer to MiSeq Illumina sequencing primers? pmiguel Illumina/Solexa 2 05-24-2019 02:18 PM
MiSeq amplicon sequencing Primers? SDPA_Pet Illumina/Solexa 5 02-20-2019 09:54 PM
Trim MiSeq 16S sequencing primers from raw sequence? Rodney Sun Illumina/Solexa 2 05-20-2014 09:17 AM
Using MiSeq with both standard and custom sequencing/index primers at the same time? kevin_bryant Illumina/Solexa 1 02-27-2014 01:57 PM
Miseq:Trimming, and sequencing primers at the beginning of a read clintp Illumina/Solexa 5 01-15-2014 01:38 PM

Old 11-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
Tom2013

Default Can I use default sequencing primers for Miseq?

I use below PCR primers to prepare libraries for Miseq amplicon sequencing:

i7-INDEX2-Spacer- gene_specific_Primer

CAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGAT TCGCCTTA GTCTCGTGGGCTCGG +gene_specific_Primer

i5-INDEX2-Spacer+gene_specific_Primer
AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGATCTACAC-CTCTCTAT-TCGTCGGCAGCGTC+gene_specific_Primer

Compared to Nextera adapters, my primers do not include the tagmentation sequence. I tried to look up Miseq sequencing primers, but still not sure whether my adapters are compatible with Miseq sequencing primers.

Can I use default sequencing primers in Miseq cartridge for sequencing? Does anybody know any website or document to verify that?
Tom2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
ATϟGC

My guess is that you cannot use the "default" sequencing primers with your scheme.

You appear to have directly attached your gene-specific primer sequence directly to the i5 and i7 illumina indexing primers and therefore lack the sequencing primer binding site, which is actually contained within the Nextera transposase sequence.

Pages 3 and 4 of the following Illumina document might help you:

https://support.illumina.com/content...0002694-11.pdf
ATϟGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
Tom2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATϟGC View Post
My guess is that you cannot use the "default" sequencing primers with your scheme.

You appear to have directly attached your gene-specific primer sequence directly to the i5 and i7 illumina indexing primers and therefore lack the sequencing primer binding site, which is actually contained within the Nextera transposase sequence.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Are there any document/post(s) mention that "the sequencing primer binding site is actually contained within the Nextera transposase sequence"?
Old 12-02-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
Tom2013

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATϟGC View Post

You are right!