SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Genomic Resequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Geographic and Family Tree DNA Announce Geno 2.0 KerryOdair Personalized Genomics 17 08-12-2013 08:18 AM
PubMed: VarioWatch: providing large-scale and comprehensive annotations on human geno Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-13-2012 11:40 PM
PubMed: Snat: a SNP annotation tool for bovine by integrating various sources of geno Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 10-11-2011 02:00 AM

Old 01-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
etwatson

Default plink2 to EIGENSOFT .geno conversion

Hi all,

I have used plink2 for my project, and now have a database of .ped, .map, .bim, .fam, etc... files. I am interested in trying a new program to perform a PCA analysis for population structure among my samples that requires a database in the EIGENSOFT format (.geno, with genotypes coded as 0, 1, or 2 reference alleles).

My samples are non-model species, so I have had to use the --allow-extra-chr option in plink2 to get around the fact that there are thousands of chromosomes (scaffolds).

Using the convertf program packaged with EIGENSOFT did not work, since the number of chromosomes > 23 (come on!).

Does anyone know of any other conversion software/approach that may work for me?
etwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
flobpf

Did you figure out a solution? I'm running into the same problem 3 years later.
flobpf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pca, plink, snp