Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiSeq v3 PE 300 run and Illumina's service

MiSeq v3 PE 300 run failed the 3rd time for me. First time Illumina claimed that the software needs downgrading which we did. Second time they said problem is system fluidics, I checked that and it passed. When I loaded sample was at right concentration and the cluster density not overclustered but just right, still the run failed at the same cycle.

I read people have had problems with this run and it might be due to quality issues of the kit. I am sure Illumina was aware but was claimed there have been no problems for other users with kit which is hard to believe.

Lately their service has been mediocre, and with the monopoly of their kits on their machines, there is nothing one can do.

Does anyone have mediocre service with Illumina

There is a long thread with various issues for v3 2x300 kits here.

That said we have not had outright failures with any runs we have done so far. What kind of libraries are you sequencing and how much phiX are you spiking in?

Comment

I think the libraries were prepared using Nextera. I did not make them, it was another user running on our machine. The run failed three time at the 300 cycle. I think he spiked 5%. He has had successful runs on MiSeq but using other kits and not this one. Illumina is troubleshooting the issue for me.

Comment

What was the cluster density for these runs? "Failed at 300 cycles" meaning the run fails as soon as tag read starts?

With libraries that have had issues it is prudent to deliberately underload by 10% or more. At the end you get less data but a successful run.

Comment

Do you mean under load library pool by 10%?

Comment

That is correct (in terms of amount loaded).

Comment

It was loaded at 15 pM and the clustering was appropriate. Not over clustered at all. What conc. do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by sajoshi View Post
                I think the libraries were prepared using Nextera. I did not make them, it was another user running on our machine. The run failed three time at the 300 cycle. I think he spiked 5%. He has had successful runs on MiSeq but using other kits and not this one. Illumina is troubleshooting the issue for me.
                Do you mean it failed at the 300th cycle; eg at the end of one side of a 2x300 run?

You have to be more aggressive with the tech support if they aren't helpful. Ask for a PhiX run using a 2x300 kit. If that fails then it is definitively the machine's fault.

If you are using libraries with PhiX spike-in then it could be any number of factors.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses