No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Trimmomatic?

Hi all,

How did you build and install trimmomatic? There is no make file so I am not sure how to run the software. Anyone?

It is java based. The on-line web page should explain how to run it. I use:

java -Xms512m -Xmx2000m -classpath Trimmomatic-0.20/trimmomatic-0.20.jar org.usadellab.trimmomatic.TrimmomaticPE

Comment

Originally posted by Palgrave View Post
      How did you build and install trimmomatic? There is no make file so I am not sure how to run the software. Anyone?
      It can be built from source using ant (the java near-equivalent of make), but i'd recommend using the binary download, which contains the pre-built jar.

Also, there is no installer, you can just copy the jar somewhere convenient - you need to refer to it using -classpath when running Trimmomatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Palgrave View Post
        Hi all,

Hi

I am also facing the problem of installing the trimmomatic .I even tried the binary version but I am getting the error

"Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from trimmomatic-0.22.jar"

regards

Comment

Originally posted by figo1019 View Post
          I am also facing the problem of installing the trimmomatic .I even tried the binary version but I am getting the error

"Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from trimmomatic-0.22.jar"
          Unfortunately, since there are 2 main classes, it is not possible to run trimmomatic via the -jar option.

For paired end mode, you need: java -classpath <path to trimmomatic jar> org.usadellab.trimmomatic.TrimmomaticPE ...

For single end mode: java -classpath <path to trimmomatic jar> org.usadellab.trimmomatic.TrimmomaticSE ...

The full deatils are here

Comment

Originally posted by tonybolger View Post
            It can be built from source using ant (the java near-equivalent of make), but i'd recommend using the binary download, which contains the pre-built jar.

Also, there is no installer, you can just copy the jar somewhere convenient - you need to refer to it using -classpath when running Trimmomatic.
            Also had a problem with the download from source.. Easiest solution is indeed, download in binary. Problems solved

Comment

...I have the same problem!

I also installed the binary version and after placing the command to run the program I get the following error:

Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile /home/feindt/programs/trimmomatic-0.30

Does anybody have suggestions what to do?
              Thanks!

Comment

An example of my shell script that I use to kick off Trimmomatic jobs (derived from Trimmomatic-0.30.zip)
                Code:
                ADAPTER=TruSeq3
                ORIENTATION=PE #or SE
                java -jar /data5/Programs/Trimmomatic-0.30/trimmomatic-0.30.jar $ORIENTATION -threads 4 -phred33 $1 $2  $1.1P_$ADAPTER.fastq $1.1U_$ADAPTER.fastq $2.2P_$ADAPTER.fastq $2.2U_$ADAPTER.fastq ILLUMINACLIP:/data5/Programs/Trimmomatic-0.30/adapters/$ADAPTER\-$ORIENTATION.fa:2:30:10 LEADING:30 TRAILING:30 SLIDINGWINDOW:4:15 MINLEN:36
                $1, $2 are the options fed to the shellscript, so it's

./shell file1.fastq file2.fastq, and then its off to the races.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Trimmomatic. I follow this website: http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/cou...tory-2014.html

It says to install, type cd ~/src. When I did, the error appeared:-

-bash: cd: /Users/tinaneik/src: No such file or directory

What should I do?

Cheers,
                  Tina

Comment

Originally posted by tingxiang View Post
                    Hi all,

I'm trying to install Trimmomatic. I follow this website: http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/cou...tory-2014.html

It says to install, type cd ~/src. When I did, the error appeared:-

What should I do?

Cheers,
                    Tina
                    In the example, you linked a directory called "src" is used to download code locally. You will need to make this directory under /Users/tinaneik if you want to follow the guide as is.

Code:
                    $ mkdir /Users/tinaneik/src
                    OR

Code:
                    $ mkdir ~/src

Comment

Thanks. I typed mkdir /Users/tinaneik/src as recommended, is says:

mkdir: /Users/tinaneik/src: File exists

Then, I typed cd ~src, again the error appeared:

Any reason?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                      0 responses