SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed regarding designing primers discoveradnan General 2 12-04-2015 08:34 PM
Designing primers on assembly: bizarre problem IanAWarren Illumina/Solexa 0 05-14-2015 02:57 AM
TruSeq DNA - need index/barcode-specific primers drops Illumina/Solexa 5 12-05-2012 12:24 PM
TruSeq PCR enrichment primers seangallaher Sample Prep / Library Generation 13 11-28-2012 01:42 AM
TruSeq compatible PCR primers ETHANol Illumina/Solexa 6 07-06-2011 06:35 AM

Old 12-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
idedios

Default Designing TruSeq LT Primers for IGH

Recently I created a primer design for immunoglobulin heavy chain rearrangement using Illumina TruSeq LT adapters and indexes. I'm using PCR primers from a multiplexed Sanger sequencing assay that my company currently uses and it works.

I'm somewhat uncertain where to attach the regions of interest to the primers as I plan on doing a single PCR. The typical designs for the adapters consist of a forked adapter however I didn't want to do separate hybridization and adapter ligation steps.

In my first design which amplified in a KAPA qPCR library quant but failed to generate clusters, I placed the Universal adapter upstream from the forward PCR primer sequence. The reverse-complement of the indexed adapter is also upstream of the reverse PCR primer sequence.

The adapter sequences I used were as follows:
Universal adapter (P5):
5-aat gat acg gcg acc acc gag atc tac act ctt tcc cta cac gac FORWARD-PCR-PRIMER-3
Indexed adapter (P7):
5-caa gca gaa gac ggc ata cga gat NNNNNN gtg act gga gtt cag acg tgt REVERSE-PCR-PRIMER-3

Is there something I'm missing here?

Last edited by idedios; 12-01-2016 at 02:31 PM.
idedios is offline   Reply With Quote