SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nextera XT library preparation Synthetica RNA Sequencing 2 01-14-2016 01:05 PM
HaloPlex for library preparation ycding Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 05-22-2013 04:46 AM
Library Preparation Available CarlHSLee Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 01-16-2013 11:25 AM
Library preparation Renatospl Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 09-19-2011 01:50 PM

Old 02-27-2019, 10:40 PM   #1
owlbike

Question library preparation

hello everyone,

I have been asked to carry forward someone's project that's on chloroplast DNA isolation from an algae.

The isolated DNA was already sent for sequencing and now I have to decide if the company should proceed with library prep or not as per the company mail as follows:

"this is to update you that validation of provided chloroplast DNA (cpDNA) by designing the specific primers has been completed.
We request you to go through the attached report and confirm if we should proceed further for library preparation"

REPORT: Acc to report concentration is 25ng/ul. Absorbance ratio is 1.84. Quantification was done using nanodrop.
All the mentioned chloroplast specific genes amplified with designed primers and generated desired amplicons, showing presence of target genes in the isolated chloroplast DNA.

I want to know based on what criteria are we supposed to decide if we should proceed to the next step of library prep or not ?
owlbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chloroplast dna, library preparation, sanger sequence analysis, sequencing analysis