Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool for Identifying Restriction Sites at IUPAC SNP sites?

Does anyone know of a tool that can be used to identify & report restriction sites only at IUPAC ambiguity codes? I am looking for something that can process entire FASTA files(with many scaffolds) and report coordinates and enzymes.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am not quite sure what you are after, but I think Biopieces (www.biopieces.org) might help you. Have a look at

and possibly

Martin

Comment

Identifying restriction sites using Biopieces

Thanks Martin. The Biopiece: digest_seq module looks like it might do the trick. It looks like it might take a bit of work to get all the dependencies installed, but it will probably be worth the effort. My project is rather basic. I am just trying to find restriction enzymes that cut only at SNP sites that are heterozygous in a single individual. These sites are marked with IUPAC ambiguity codes in my sequence.

Comment

Can you program? If so a Perl/Python/... script might be easier, and the BioPerl/Biopython/... libraries will probably all include some sort of restriction digest support to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by maubp View Post
          a Perl/Python/... script might be easier, and the BioPerl/Biopython/...
          What do you mean by this? Biopieces are meant to be easy!

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by maasha View Post
            What do you mean by this? Biopieces are meant to be easy!
            That was partly in reference to:
            Originally posted by brachysclereid View Post
            ... It looks like it might take a bit of work to get all the dependencies installed, but it will probably be worth the effort...
            But also if you are familiar with a scripting language, that may be easier than learning a new suite of command line tools. Different people find different things easier - I was not meaning to suggest Biopieces is hard.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses