Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problematic ChIP and ChIP-seq_non-specific binding_help....

Hi there,

I have been having so much problems with ChIP. Hope someone out there could give me some advice because I ran out of things to try/replace.

Once upon a time, I could do ChIP and ChIP-seq (lol) but recently, when I use the qubit to quantitate my ChIP samples, I have been getting abnormally high DNA amount in my immunoprecipitated samples but not in my either no-antibody control or IgG control. We are talking about 0.5ug/500 K cells for a histone modification...insane and I don't believe it. I used to struggle to get 4-5ng in total using a couple of million cells. However, ChIP-qPCR using control regions and etc showed results consistent to when ChIP used to work (can't remember what that feels like anymore). This is odd.

When I used these samples to generate ChIP-seq libraries, the sequencing results were really bad. Alignment rate was poor when using global alignment (<50%) but it was good when I used local alignment (>96%). Local alignment analysis showed that it always the ends of my reads don't always align. Not sure if I am making sense. So I am just thinking some small bits of DNA are somehow getting ligated to my actual ChIP-DNA?? These non-specific DNA could give me abnormally high DNA measurement when I quantitate my samples using the Qubit? Is this even possible?

I thought my buffers were contaminated or something so I replaced all the chip buffers. This did not fix the problem. I still get abnormally high DNA amount.

Has anyone come across this before problem before?

Thanks heaps!

H.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses